Help Hard Drive

Hymer C 9.

After checking things out I have ordered a Seagate from Amazon hope it will be ok, then I go and read the above post and think good heavans (thats being polite) thought I'd just plug it in and that would be that but no its going to be more complicated than that, me thinks its a good job I have got help on here - but think I may have to drag son-in-law down. Carol. *-)

Hi carol, You'll be fine. The one I bought is a 'plug and play' job. All very simple.

I've had problems with my computer for a while now. I thought I could sort it myself, but I'm just 'muddling' through.

For £60.00 the local computer whizz will come over and having running as it should. My Pal around the corner used him and was very impressed with the results. :-D

Well great joy my hard drive has arrived this morning all neatly packaged and a very smart looking Seagate free agent - but the best bit when I read the instructions it tell me what to do then it says - "If you choose you can sit and stare at your new Free Agent for a while" thats OK to.

Now thats my kind of instruction. Carol. :D

* * * STOP PRESS * * *

I buy a lot of stuff from this company and am on their mailing list. Every Wednesday FROM MIDDAY they discount several lines. I just wondered if anyone would be interested in this bargain . . . .

Verbatim 320GB 2.5" USB2.0 Portable Hard Drive for £69.99!!!

Verbatim's palm sized USB2.0 portable hard drives are lightweight making them easy to carry with you. Weighing only 150 grams it packs portability and capacity in one!

Store and carry your digital and day to day working files on this truly mobile drive. Its stylish smooth design sits neatly on the modern desk top as the perfect accompaniment to your laptop.

The Verbatim portable hard drive is USB2.0 bus powered and requires no external power supply for operation; simply plug into a spare USB port on your PC or laptop.

Comes included with Nero's BACKITUP 2 Essentials software allowing you to create your own 'back up' from your PC/Laptop hard drive to your portable hard drive.

Normal price £113.29 but if you order one after midday TODAY (see below) you can get one for £69.99!!

WILD WEDNESDAY WORKINGS: Don't Be Caught Out!

Some lines have inherently limited availability.

· Products will not be displayed at their promotional prices until the sale begins.

· Products will be made unavailable in the immediate run-up to the sale but are then released when the sale begins.

· It doesn't start until NOON on WEDNESDAY 17th September

http://svp.co.uk/product/verbatim_25_usb20_portable_hard_drives_verbati120?ref=news1609

Thanks for the SVP link - I'll hang on to it for the Wild Wednesday deals.

I was tempted by the Verbatim hard drive because the HD on my laptop is getting to be a bit full.

Before ordering, though, I had a look on the Dabs web site and found that they have a couple of La Cie and Freecom 320 GB drives for even less. I've ordered a La Cie model.

Graham

Archived