gone cold

chatterdog

It must be cold ... they put the central heating on at work today ... got the shock of our lives as we normally have a right battle to get it on 'early' - it doesn't normally get put on until the students come back near the end of the month! 8-)

We moved to this new build fishermans cottage 24 July and so far in the house temperatures have not fallen below 18C. Seems to be well insulated d/g lightweight block walls drylined insulated floors etc nice and cosy although wood sash windows may prove draughty later

what temperatures do you call cold?

Well Im freezing at 20deg but then again Im a women! O.H. is ALWAYS roasting no matter what! but its much warmer the last couple of days here in the N.E. I was in the garden at 4 am this morning with the dog and it was warm but wet (lol) of course it had to drizzle.

Envy you your fishermans cottage though! you can always wrap up warm and buy lots of draught excluder just in case.

omidknight - 2008-09-13 3:47 PM

We moved to this new build fishermans cottage 24 July and so far in the house temperatures have not fallen below 18C. Seems to be well insulated d/g lightweight block walls drylined insulated floors etc nice and cosy although wood sash windows may prove draughty later

what temperatures do you call cold?

Rob your cottage sounds lovely any chance of a piccy of it.

off thread Rob - was in the garden this week when what I thought was four sparrows I was really close to them when they opened thier wings they had a lot of bright yellow in them not like a finch but canary type yellow, any iideas got me foxed. Carol.

maggyd - 2008-09-13 4:41 PM

Well Im freezing at 20deg but then again Im a women! O.H. is ALWAYS roasting no matter what! but its much warmer the last couple of days here in the N.E. I was in the garden at 4 am this morning with the dog and it was warm but wet (lol) of course it had to drizzle.

Envy you your fishermans cottage though! you can always wrap up warm and buy lots of draught excluder just in case.

Or suck a Fishermans Friend. ;-) :->

Archived