Stay safe...

J9withdogs

You know Tom, you really are being childish,

I merely found an article that suggested a probable initiation of the myth.

The event happened, get over it.

Whether or not J9s post has strayed or embellished the facts is irrelevant.

Once again, you have surfaced and attempted to cause annimosity amongst the members.

Why don't you take your own advice and get a life. >:-(

But be careful !

This is copied from another forum that I use:

Trolling is the word used to describe a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of offending and winding up the members of the forum community. Posts of this nature are disruptive and do not convey a friendly attitude. It is advised to ignore these types of post. 'Do not feed the trolls'.

donna miller - 2008-09-17 4:03 PM You know Tom, you really are being childish, I merely found an article that suggested a probable initiation of the myth. The event happened, get over it. Whether or not J9s post has strayed or embellished the facts is irrelevant. Once again, you have surfaced and attempted to cause annimosity amongst the members. Why don't you take your own advice and get a life. >:-( But be careful !

I was going to depart but couldn't resist this:

First of all I provide proof that you're talking rubbish but you're not interested in the facts in a 'poncy article'. Very intelligent debate! However, we're supposed to believe the 'fact' that you dragged up from the 'Decatur News' that world renowned newspaper - you can't have it both ways and if you simply refuse to read the evidence then other readers will make their own judgement.

Now on to to the so-called man in the back seat in the Decatur News - it turns out from the report that the student locked her car, she used the special code needed to open it, but somehow, this man had managed to get in the car and reset the security! Yea, course he did!

She then claimed that there had been a man in her car, but he jumped out. He was never found, he never touched her and no charges were ever laid. Somehow, I think that she may have been having us on! Sorry to demolish your little moment of glory but here's the article again, but you probably don't read 'poncy' articles do you, especially if they don't correspond with your own prejudices!

Be careful out there anyway, remember all of those dangerous dwarves who may be lurking in your glove box waiting to pounce!

Here's what a bit more research found!

"McNatt said she arrived for her 4:30 p.m. class at Calhoun, parked behind Harris Hall and locked her SUV.
She remained on campus until about 9 p.m. She used her secret code to unlock the SUV.
As she drove, she talked on her cell phone to her brother.
"When she got on the river bridge on Interstate 65, a white male sat up in the very back of her vehicle," McNatt said. "He said he wanted her to take him somewhere."
The woman's brother heard a scream and then lost the phone connection with his sister.

Nothing happened to the woman. She simply parked the car, got out, and the guy walked away. Police are investigating the incident. It seems harsh to be suspicious of someone who's been through a scary event like this, but it's hard not to be a little skeptical about whether this really happened, given how closely it parallels the urban legend."

J9withdogs - 2008-09-17 4:14 PM This is copied from another forum that I use: Trolling is the word used to describe a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of offending and winding up the members of the forum community. Posts of this nature are disruptive and do not convey a friendly attitude. It is advised to ignore these types of post. 'Do not feed the trolls'.

Don't be miserable, it's great fun watching you all try to justify your nonsense! I enjoy my little sojourns amongst the gang!

donna miller - 2008-09-17 4:17 PM I was really trying to be nice today, But Tom, this one's for you......................

Nice try but if you don't care what I think why are you spending so much time trying to convince me that I'm wrong and your right. Your last post is typical of someone who's run out of argument!

Anyway, I'm off now, it's Neighbourhood Watch this evening and there are reports of dangerous dwarves trying to sneak into ladies' cars!

Toodle pip!

I have one thing to say and one thing only ...

Why are we called a gang when someone doesn't get it the way they want it .

Does it never occur to people that all the others just happen to agree and I am sure not for agreement sakes but just because they agree at the precise time about this precise thread .

How does that make people a gang ?

Smacks to me Tom ,and I have no thoughts either way about janines article scaremongering or not ,Like you don't like the majority to disagree with you ? well if something doesn't go your way its not nice to say its a gang is it ?

I don't know I think I will be having a word with this gang after all they never asked me to join in :D

else I could drive to the nearest place and get raped beyond belief (hubby said go) save him a chore

Oi you lot ,your sacked

I will have to swop gangs, get me a glock, and a half ounce of wacky backy :D :'( :'(

Come on now folks let's just let it rest there shall we before someone says something they might later wish they had not mentioned when questioned?

We are all entitled to our views and we are all entitled to disagree with the view of others - at least on that we all agree!

J9withdogs - 2008-09-17 4:14 PM

This is copied from another forum that I use:

Trolling is the word used to describe a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of offending and winding up the members of the forum community. Posts of this nature are disruptive and do not convey a friendly attitude. It is advised to ignore these types of post. 'Do not feed the trolls'.

Spot on Janine! ;-)

D.

It has just been on the local BBC TV news that two women, a mother and her pregnant daughter were forced by a man to drive to a cash point and withdraw cash at knife point.

Interestingly the robber got in their car as they returned from shopping.

This took place at the large Marks & Spencer/Sainsbury's complex just off the M27 at Hedge End near Southampton.

So as for it being a "myth" that this sort of thing happens!!!!!

I think we can all make our own conclusions.

When it appears on the BBC web news later I will provide a link.

:-S

OK colin I take it all back - the fact that they were only held against their will and robbed at knife point makes it hardly worth reporting :-D

Seriously tho' the similarity I am pointing out is the fact that this low life got in their car!

A fact that one person on here was trying to say was so unlikely as to be discounted *-)

Similier was on Anglia news couple of months back, as I said earlier I always lock doors, but if you are in supermarket carpark and 'they' jump in when you are getting in doesn't help much. What was not helpful on first post was 'ramping' it up to another level to create more 'hysteria'

We will have to agree to disagree here methinks as what you see as "ramping up" to me is just an embelishment to make sensible stories more impactful.

Look at the story of the boy who cried wolf and all the other fables and legends.

And who would have thought that a 20 year old girl just doing some shopping would be repeatedly stabbed by a mental patient seemingly let out by mistake?

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/article-1057592/Mother-schizophrenic-stabbed-girl-17-times-blames-doctors-monitoring-medication.html

Archived