Travellers tales

Norma

Well. We´ve made it to Valencia to visit the son...

A pretty eventful journey it was too.

Tale one - I unfortnately watched, without realising it, a car being robbed. It was absolutely classic. Two cars pulled up infront of our van. While the French hubby went for a pee a guy from the following car asked the wife for directions. Meanwhile the accomplice put his hands into the open window of the French car and lifted the lady´s bag (that bit I didn´t see, but I watched him walk away!) - complete with the usual cards and keys but with the bonus of €1,000 cash! It was only when the hubby returned from the woods I realised what I had seen. Too late! Guess where - one of the first aires across the Spanish border.

Tale two - a dead van. We have limped most of the way (honest gov, it was OK when we left) with bits crossed and breath held. Booked the van into a Fiat agent in Valencia last week and had to organise the Caravan Club to get us towed there... Looks like the injectors and diesel pump all done in! So far we have a lot of praise for the CC and the insurance but ´mañana´ is getting us down. Good job his girlfriend is Spanish too as it looks like our one week stay is going to be somewhat longer while the Spanish source the parts.

Hopefully the journey home will be better than 20mpg. And maybe it will cost us less to get it all sorted here than in the UK.

Now if we had some warm weather and no floods. Just like being back in Edinburgh!

If you bought the van used, it is possible it has had contaminated fuel at some point (petrol) and although drained and refreshed it does kill the injectors off prematurely. Quite often happens in motorhomes, as they are not driven daily as main cars, some people do put the wrong fuel in!

Not saying you have done that, but may have happened in the vehicles past!

Archived