Lewis Hamilton

Guest Tracker

As I recall it Lewis moved to Switzerland last year to get away from the pestering papparazzi press muppetts not for tax reasons per se. Why should Hamilton be the only driver to stay in the UK anyway? Coulthard has lived in Monaco for years but I've never heard a single complaint about him being a tax exile.

D.

davenewell@home - 2008-11-11 7:15 AM

As I recall it Lewis moved to Switzerland last year to get away from the pestering papparazzi press muppetts not for tax reasons per se. Why should Hamilton be the only driver to stay in the UK anyway? Coulthard has lived in Monaco for years but I've never heard a single complaint about him being a tax exile.

D.

I hold the same feelings of anyone who takes from this country and then avoids paying anything back. I am surprised that you were taken in by that Dave, I did not see you as gulible! (LoL)

My personal circumstances are such that I would possibly have been more 'wealthy' had I moved to some other place, as some of my friends have done, but my concience would not allow that. I hope the greedies, all of them including Sean Connery, who do it sleep well.

One 'friend' who has done this for tax purposes and spent no more than 90 days here each year for a considerable time has now returned to make use of the NHS that he has not paid into for some while, and yes it does still cover him, completely wrong in my view.

Bas

Lewis only spends a short time of the year in the UK the rest of it is spent racing around the world and testing on different circuits, so as he works all over the world surely he can choose where in the world he wants to live. I for one think the enthusiasm and fresh interest he has generated in F1 is good for the sport, and if he gets more time to relax in Switzerland than would be afforded him by the British Public, good luck to him. Carol.

Archived