My Dad

Minstrel

My 86 year old Dad has been thinking about his funeral. He has asked a particular clergyman to take the service and has sent me the address and telephone number of said clergyman.

At the end of his letter he said that the date and time of the funeral would be advised at a later date!

I cried with laughing but I'm sad that he wouldn't enjoy the joke as well, he's far too serious.

Lol crying laughing here. send my best wishes to your dad

one of our workers told me her dad bought her mother a surprise xmas gift.her mother thought he gone soft and is going to give me some money or a weekend away.

he presented a large envelope inside was a brouchre of different funeral

packages. along with a receipt for a fully paid funeral package

the cheapest one in his wifes name.

needless to say he stayed with his son n wife for xmas and new year . lol

This made me smile, my dad would have been ninety last Saturday. He too wanted to sort his own funeral and had always said he wanted little fuss. He attended another relatives funeral who unfortunately ended up going to the crem in a Tranny van as the hea**e she was travelling broke down on the way. My dad was so excited and went the following week and booked his funeral and paid for it. The funeral went as follows, dad taken alone by tranny van to the crem, the deed was done at around 10am, so we are told. We had to wait for him to cool down and he was picked up at 2pm. Took him to the top of the cliffs in Filey, it was going to be off the Brigg where he and I fished for many years but the weather was too awful. My mum who is not that big or strong had a real problem holding the casket and wafting his ashes over the cliff but the howling gale behind us took him up and over the sea in a magnificent fashion. While the rest of us got absolutely soaked from the water coming up from the pond that is there, my mum went back the day after only to find the sign she had been hanging on to to stop her self being blown over was the "DANGER CLIFF EROSION" one. He left £100 for us all to go for a meal that night and we did in his honour, and it snowed the entire time we where there, it took us 2 hours to do a half hour journey to get home. He would have loved that day, and boy would he have laughed, we did :-D nearly all day. I would love to have a funeral like his where everyone had a good time and remembered me how I was. Sorry for the ramble just admired him alot. Mandy

Archived