3G PAYG Cards

Puzzled

*-) Hi puzzled, I have a three gig pay and go Dongle from three .I dont know if thats what you mean, mine didnt work any where in France, but I read a thread somewhere where someone said his worked very well in Italy, so it depends on network coverage I suppose, I also read a thread recomending you get an unlocked Dongle and then buy a pag Sim in the country you are in and connect that way, personally I dont bother much with Internet whilst away and only use it if my lap top detects a wireless hotspot, or ,I use an internet cafe rarely if I need E Mail. *-) Don't know if thats any help ,but hey. (lol)

js_aires10.jpg.c65bb2acf2cc4c9aac9d96b373ea9824.jpg

js_aires25.jpg.45e53611d5f8ad7a4e8474ffd0790aa7.jpg

js_aires107.jpg.3210b21ecdbc009c0aea1f8f3a69a4b5.jpg

js_aires114.jpg.8637e271e21d34e218b372e27dc1b9e1.jpg

• 5 years later...
Puzzled - 2008-11-12 3:08 AM

Hi There

Anyone know if you can by a 3G data sim card on a pay as you go basis for use in Germany and or Austria?

Thanks

For choosing your cell phone plan,Go to a phone shop in town, tell them what you want, they can advise.Before getting your cell phone service provider,Make sure your phone is unlocked and accept that carrier,If it's restricted by other network carrier means,You will need to unlock your phone.For unlocking you can approach your current network provider or else try to buy an unlocking service from any one of the online unlocking service provider like http://www.unbblock.com/blackberry/rs18wp8/ This service suitable for Blackberry mobile models only.If you have other than Blackberry phone,You can get an unlocking service from http://www.unlock-zone.com/supported-phones/rs5wp7/ I hope it will be very useful to you.

• 3 weeks later...

If you go to France fairly regularly "try lefrenchmobile" http://www.lefrenchmobile.com/?gclid=CMHFl_ePwLwCFQzItAodw1UAVQ

It's pre-paid and not a bad cost, you can buy data and minute packages, it doesn't have to be used within a certain time and you don't lose data or minutes remaining, it only costs if you don't use it for a month (approx 2.6euro) but you can keep the same number and also get packages for other European countries,

le canichot d'epang - 2014-02-09 10:49 PM

If you go to France fairly regularly "try lefrenchmobile" http://www.lefrenchmobile.com/?gclid=CMHFl_ePwLwCFQzItAodw1UAVQ

It's pre-paid and not a bad cost, you can buy data and minute packages, it doesn't have to be used within a certain time and you don't lose data or minutes remaining, it only costs if you don't use it for a month (approx 2.6euro) but you can keep the same number and also get packages for other European countries,

According to the 'lefrench' site detailed tariff pdf you could lose access to your credit IF you don't keep your SIM ACTIVE! You have to USE the sim each month, otherwise you have to pay a monthly fee of some sort to keep the LINE (and therefore sim) active:

detailed tariff

Below is the relevant extract from the pdf:

Q. What does unlimited credit validity mean?

With LeFrenchMobile, your credit has no expiry date. However, to keep your line active you will need to use it or pay a monthly fee. This monthly fee is deduced at the beginning of each month. If your consumption was above €10 or if you used more than 30MB during the previous month, then you will not pay any monthly fee. If you consumption is below €10 and if you used less than 30MB during the previous month, then we will deduct €1.40 from your balance to keep your line active. If you have less than €1.40 on your balance, we will deduct 5MB from your data bundle to keep your line active. If we can’t deduce either €1.40 or 5MB from your LeFrenchMobile account, then you will have 30 days to top-up, otherwise your SIM card will be deactivated.

Ideally the easiest thing would be to simply make sure you use the sim at least once a month, just ringing another number (and not connecting) would probably suffice, but you HAVE to REMEMBER TO DO IT ... not much good if you don't keep it in a phone when you're at home!

Also the rates shown on the initial page are only applicable if you top up with €100 or more, otherwise they are bit more, again detailed on the pdf document.

If you read my post I did say that there is a fee if you don't use your card,(I thought it was a bit more than 1.4euro) but for the convenience of keeping the same number and it only costing about £10 a year if you don't use it that much, plus not losing your credit it is worth it for us as we are nearer France than the UK. Also the 50cents per megabyte is good value compared to roaming charges.

Archived