Spanish campsites

kim

Am seeking campsites near Zaragoza towards Valencia-suitable motorhome and open end Dec/start Jan/next.

Also advice on overnight stop at Santurtzi Port (Bilbao) for P/O ferry.

Am advised possible, but no security.

Many thanks

As for campsites, I can only recommend getting hold of a copy of the Caravan Club's 'Caravan Europe 1', which is obtainable from the Club or from 'good booksellers' (whoever they are).

As for Santurzi, I stayed there with no worries overnight about 3 years ago and there was, in fact, security. The main dock gates had a security man on duty (on a Sunday afternoon, if I remember correctly), and the pedestrian gate (a shortcut) into the town of Santurzi was not unlocked until the ferry was due the next morning. And there was not the normal port noise you might expect overnight.

Hi Len, and welcome to our madhouse!

We've found here in Spain that a very good publication/discount card is called the "ACSI" card (I haven't got a weblink to it, but you can google for it).....someone else may be along shortly who has the exact details.

In the directory that comes with the card are many campsites across Spain.....and with the ACSI card the nightly basic "Motorhome plus two people" charges are only 10, 12, or14 euros per night (year 2008 prices).

The blurb on each site tells you when they are open through the year....but a word of slight caution: probably worth phoning ahead for any that you want to definitely stay at, as the annually published book info on opening dates can get out of date sometimes.

Oh, each years ACSI card runs annually from 1st Jan to 31st December, but I think the 2009 one and it's accompanying book of sites around Europe is available now.

Sorry, but I'm not quite sure what you mean in your last sentence "Am advised possible, but no security"?

Hello BGD,

Cannot believe-2 replies already!

Many thanks re ACSI-awaiting 2009 edition,will look again .Port security advice was from C/Caravanning Club-stated parking permitted but without security. Will follow your advice.

Regular visitors to Denia-but first time via Bilbao-hence enquiry-nothing on web so far re sites open en route at this time.

Lived in Spain 15 years-cannot survive without regular top-ups!

Muchas gracias,

Felice Navidad,

Kim

we stopped at Camping Ciudad de Zaragoza just 2 weeks ago - the municipal site, that's open all year, we paid just under 16euros for a night including electric.

Nice and quiet, friendly english speaking receptionists, small supermarket 5 mins walk away, bus service into Zaragoza if you want to sightsee, well worth it I think.

I will just find the web site for you - here you go - http://www.campingzaragoza.com

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks-this may be duplication- emails not good of late.

Info.much appreciated-couple who stayed near Zaragoza have also given details. Nightmares re site access from auto-route-looks worse than Birmingham S/Junction!

Regards,

Kim

Hello Carolh,

This may be a duplicate "thankyou",-emails currently disapearing into space.

Most grateful for your detailed reply-have downloaded all info.and will make this first stop.

Once lived near Stamford and even stayed in Grantham when the big snows arrived!What a treat!

Regards and thanks again for your trouble,

Kim.

Hi

Another to try is Camping -el molino (windmill). camping cheque book Page 570 Exit N111 at mendigora direction larraga. the last few miles are not the best BUT I had 31ft R-V and Toad. site drains well, (it "chucked" it down!!), I had the Sat-nav co-ordinates but "lost" them when the satnav was replaced under warranty. Secure site behing locked electric gates.

pete

Archived