Fiat electrical problem

Brian1

Following a long wait (seven months) we finally received our new Auto Trail Fiat 157/Comfort-matic on 1st September.On our first drive from the distributor we were surprised with the new audible warning if the handbrake was not fully disengaged but consider this to be a very good addition.We drove to VAN-Bitz to have a numberof additions and then home.

We have not used the vehicle recently due to illness but now on the road again to find the handbrake audible warning is not working. also noted we have no dashboard warning indicator and not sure we should have one.I have checked the inside cab fuses and the fuse cluster behind the drivers seat all are ok . As I now find the neares Fiat dealer able to accept this size of vehicle is fourty miles away can anyone help.

Hi Brian,

I agree with the other two posters. I had a Van Bitz alarm fitted in 2005 and the lights stopped flashing when the alarm was set. I phoned their engineer and he said that they had had some faulty fuses and this was probably the problem. They were very good about it, they sent me a couple of spare fuses and told me exactly where to find the suspected faulty one which I replaced and haven't had a problem since. It saved me a run down to Somerset.

John.

Archived