ACSI Camping card.

Mike Culver

Guest Mike Culver
Evening all, Can somebody help me obtain an Camping Card for the above, been on the web and got to payment section ie. Cheque and then nothing, I have even tried E.mailing them, no response. Any info. would be helpful. will not be using it until next year. Whilst putting finger to key:- We wish you all a Very Good Christmas, a Healthy and trouble free New Year and as always 'be lucky' Syb and Mike Culver.

I have one so here is what you do. Go to www.campingcard.co.uk Click on "06 card" Click on "Order" Click on "add to Shopping Basket" Click on "Proceed to Checkout" Fill out Order Form making sure you include your e mail address Click on "Pay by Cheque" Now here is where my memory could be at fault. At this stage you are instructed to either print your order form and send it with a cheque to ACSI or they send you an email which you print and send to ACSI. Either way you should be led through the buying process. In case you have not bought one previously I can vouch for this card and found it to be the best £5 I have ever spent. You recoup your investment in one day.

Go to the website mentioned in my post. Presenting the card at the 950 named campsites in 17 countries means that you pay either 10, 12 or 14 euros per night at each site saving on average about 6 euros per night. I mainly stay on French Aires but did stay on various campsites in Spain for a total of 60 nights last year. Thus for an outlay of about £5 I saved around 360 euros. One word of caution. The card only can be used off peak only but this basically means at all times except July, August and Easter.

Guest mikeThomas
Hi Mike you can order this over the phone I ordered mine last week for delivery towards end of Januray Suncamp Holidays (UK) Ltd 0870 4328226 you can pay by visa This is well worth joining we used it most of last year in France and Spain. Regards Mike T. Gloucester

Guest Mike Culver
Evening Mike E and T. Thanks for the info. I have gone through the form on the internet and I'm told that I will be sent an E.mail to confirm, so I'm crossing everything !!. If no luck I'll contact Suncamp, I'll let you know how things go. Again thanks, Be lucky, Mike Culver

Guest Brian Kirby
What you can also get from ACSI (they're Dutch, by the way) is a very good DVD with all the ACSI inspected campsites on it. Have seen it demonstrated and ordered it, but not got it yet. However, it includes many more sites than those that appear in the ACSI sites Guide. It provides a flexibly searchable database, giving site details, including a European route finder, for all of the sites that appear on the website. Several thousand accross Europe, I think. Costs about £9 inc p&p, also available from Suncamp. Ideal if you take a laptop. Regards and happy Christmases to all Brian

We used the ACSI card last year- no that should be this year,2005, and saved ££££ We have just received our 2006 card and book from Suncamp. We phoned them and paid by credit card. They have 950 sites in the scheme now, all over Europe. Last year (2005!!)it was 670ish. We found the sites we used were all of a good standard, and the card easy to use with the participating campsites. The sites vary from small and quiet, to all singing all dancing. Thoroughly recommend it for low season camping.

Archived