Joy

chatterdog

Spoke with Joy today,

she sends everyone BIG HUGS AND KISSES and says she is missing her comp and the forum. She hopes to be able to get online again sometime within the next couple of weeks, as she is due to start getting help with her parents so she will be able to pop home and she is a lot better in herself.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody..... oh boy you lot are soooooooooooooo missed. I have had to have my computer completely WIPED CLEAN so I don't have any email addresses or photos or anything and am going to have to work on getting them back somehow. I still am not home but just called in for post after being accused of trying to poison my dad cos I gave him some cough medicine through the night!!!! 8-) life is fun.

I just had to say a big big happy New Year to you all and am looking forward to catching up with the enormous amount of postings that I have missed. Already, having just read a few, I am crying laughing. You are brilliant people. .... and oh yes, sorry, :$ I have LOADS of questions about my van.

Big thank you to everyone who has phoned or texted me and kept me up to date; love to Carol, Janine, Bootsy, Chatterdog, and uncle Tom cobbley and all..... How is everyone please - is there a succinct way of getting me up to scratch? How are you Tracker and Dot and Rosie? How is Howie and Peter ... behaving? How is Le Thou? How are Dave and Mick and Spud.... oh crumbs there are so many of you PLEASE let me know if you are all well. I am going to get back on my computer now for an hour each week despite anything that crops up.

First question please to help me do it... how do I know what my outgoing server is and how do I know my incoming server? I typed POP3 and HTML and it said not recognised. (I am trying to find my old email address to see if I can retrieve it.)

Big luvs and hugs, Joy xxxxxxxxxxxx

ROON - 2008-12-29 2:02 PM

First question please to help me do it... how do I know what my outgoing server is and how do I know my incoming server? I typed POP3 and HTML and it said not recognised. (I am trying to find my old email address to see if I can retrieve it.)

Big luvs and hugs, Joy xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi stranger!

Your incoming POP3 and outgoing STMP should be something like: mail.virgin.net (or whoever you internet service provider is)

How to find your e-mail servers.

If you have internet access (yours or somebody elses)

go to your ISP site then go to help or support and look for the questions along the lines of "how do I set up e-mail in outlook express" or "how do I set up POP mail". You should find the server details there. Don't worry if you don't use outlook express the servers should be the same.

If you don't find any help at ISP I would suggest that you open your mail program go to tools then accounts then set up new account. Hopefully you will be able to get it to go find the info for you.

;-)

Hi Joy good to see you back :-D about you mail settings a quick ring to the help line or go online for settings if you are Virgin media you go on to their website log in as a customer and go to the help page it will tell you what settings you should have.

Archived