need help please!

freedom

I live in central Scotland and am in great need of a replacement shower head for an elddis autoquest 300. Can anyone tell me where to get one within the next 2 weeks. Please dont say Knowepark, as I ordered one there in august and still have heard nothing. :'(

Guest Tracker
You may well find that the threaded fitting is universal on either or both ends of the hose - assuming you have a flexible hose as I am not familiar with your van - and you might well be able to source a shower head from any diy store or plumbers merchants. There may well be too much flow but you may be able to adjust or restrict this with a little ingenuity?

We have an Autoquest 100 (2003/4 model) and I'm sure Richard is right about the universal fitting. If you have a shower in the house you can soon check by taking the head off that and trying it in the van.

You may well be able to find a compatible shower head at places like Asda, Tesco or Wilkinsons.

Graham

freedom,

As has already been advised, the threaded connection (half-inch bsp) between shower-head and shower-hose is universal for motorhomes, caravans and domestic showers. However, the size/shape of leisure-vehicle shower-heads and the way they are attached to the wall of the shower is far from standardised. And then there are the shower-heads that form part of the washbasin tap...

I know it's late in the day, but CAK (www.caktanks.com) have a wide variety of motorhome shower-related products, including replacement trigger-operated shower-heads in chrome or white for around £6. Suggest you obtain the CAK catalogue as, even if you don't get the shower-head from them, the CAK catalogue is a mine of useful information.

Guest Tracker

Glad to be of service Elaine - but don't keep us all in suspense - where did you get the new shower head from - assuming you did get one - have you tried it yet - or is it too bloomin chilly North of the border?

Happy Christmas and a healthy new year.

Archived