middle class motorhomers?

handyman

"Class" distinction for the motorhome worls is as follows:

R.Vs' wave only at other R.Vs

A Class owners only wave at RV's, (who don't wave back) and other A class vans

Coachbuilts only wave at R.Vs', A Class vans, (who don't wave back) and other coachbuilts.

Van conversions wave at everyone, but no one waves back apart from other van conversions

And absolutely no one ever waves at "tuggers" (Well we all have standards) :-D

I think you've missed the point here Libby, they were jokey posts!

How is waving like using a phone? The van is coming towards you, all you have to do is raise your hand. Are you trying to tell me you NEVER move one hand off the wheel? Your nose doesn't itch? You never change the radio volume/channel? You never indicate or switch the lights or wipers on? You never raise a hand to thank another motorist or apologise for making a mistake on the road?

Speaking on the mobile whilst driving is dangerous I agree, but waving is hardly in the same leaue surely?

Not too fussed about class personally, but here's a few observations from my time in our butchery business.

The diversity of the customer base was staggering. We really did have the lot through those doors, beggars, builders, thieves, millionaires, cleaners, teachers - you name it they were there.

To be truthful the only clear difference was with the wealthy folk. We had a few who were from "good stock" to use a very outdated phrase and they were by far the most demanding.

However we also a few who had made their own money and the difference with how they did business with us was marked. Pleasant, undemanding, no special treatment etc.

One family in particular stands out, the late Jack Walker, he of Blackburn Rovers ownership who sold his steel business to the then British Steel for £360 million, well they were classic rags to riches.

But wonderfully lovely folk to deal with. On one hand his chauffeur would collect meat from us to take to Manchester Airport to have it flown to his Jersey home, but on the other, they'd be quite happy to run you into town in their fabulous Merc/BMW/Jag whilst you still have your butchers apron on and shoes covered in sawdust.

Back to the thread though, I couldn't give a toss who pitches near me, or what they're driving, providing they present the same standards of behaviour I do.

Posh Of Blackburn :D

Archived