links to websites

Minstrel

Kathy and I have actually been to that location last year.

Can't remember exact location, but from memory it's in the Castilla la Mancha region of Spain.

We've seen that very walkway high up on the cliff face on the other side of the reservoir from the road that winds down through the valley.

It's totally loony, and has mostly fallen apart over the years since it stopped being needed/maintained.

It's actually got a name locally, something like "el camino de diablo" (the Devils path), and it runs for maybe more that 1 km along the cliffside, and through a couple of mini tunnels and over a couple of short high-arched bridges.

There's actually a campsite about 1 or 2 kms on down the gorge from the walkway thingy.....but it was expensive when we passed through, so we just wild-camped on the lakeshore about 300 metres afurther along the track, together with several other MH's that were also overnighting there.

It's the caminito del rey, if you google it there is information on wikipedia.

I find it frightening enough watching the video as I don't like heights much, but I enjoy being frightened a bit so if anyone has any other links, perhaps you could post them here. Thanks.

Archived