What Sealant?

peterjl

Hi

Washing all the salt off the M/H at the wekend, after our return from the Alps, i noticed that around the edge of the roof there is a thin narrow fillet of sealant that is just falling off!

This just appears to be a narrow strip of white sealant and I doubt it is a key part of the sealing system but nevertheless would like to replace the sealant.

Sooo what is the best sealant to use?

Peter

Hi Derek

The rubber trim is fixed in the topof the moulding + there is a 1/4 roundish insert between moulding and roof. The fillet of sealant was along the joint between that 1/4 roundish insert and the roof.

To be honest it looked almost like an afterthought. I am now wondering, in the light of your comments, if it was added by Brownhills because i asked them to check the roof joints when i first had van (when it went in for the Trauma boiler recall in july 06) as water always lays on the roof.

Peter

Peter:

OK - if Brownhills had added extra sealant as a precautionary measure and the stuff is now coming off, then it wouldn't be too surprising. I'm sure there is no sealing fillet on my own Hobby.

If you do feel a need to replace the detached sealant, Hobby uses Henkel sealants during the construction process. A Sika product should be equally effective. More details on:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=4176&posts=16

Archived