Towing Honda Jazz

Cavan

Hi

We tow a Honda Jazz 2007. It tows very well at just over 1000kg. I have never had a problem with any car I have had on an A frame (Smart and Chevrolet Matiz). (mechanically or legally in UK or Europe and I have towed for getting on to 15000 miles)

As long as have NOT got the CVT version it will be fine.

Just remember to leave a key in the ignition turned to the position to release the steering lock but not far enough to switch ignition on. If you don't unlock the steering the tyres will scrub very quickly.

Check the towing limits on your van and don't forget to add the weight of the A Frame. Our A frame was supplied and fitted by Chris Cox Frames in Solihull. If you have any more questions, just ask.

Dennis

We have been towing a Jazz on a ProTow A-frame for a few years now. It is a great not-so-little car. The way the back seats fold up was a revelation when the saleman showed us, the huge space was what sealed the deal, as we wanted this to be our everyday and only car as well as a tow car.

We have found the front tyres do need replacing a bit more than we would have thought, but they are cheap enough. We keep a diary in our van and always note the mileage that we have towed the car, so we can tell the dealer about the extra mileage covered by the wheels when we take it in for service. We also had the wheel alignment checked at the last service.

If you want more detailed information about mileage and tyres, let me know and I can look up our paperwork for you.

• 3 weeks later...
onecal vw - 2009-02-19 1:14 AM

Hi,

Please have a look at towing a trailer in France in Hints and Tips. You may get some ideas before buying an A Frame.

Regards,

Brendan.

The Jazz weighs just about 1040 kilo so add the weight of a trailer to that and unless you have an RV there are not many motorhomes that could tow that weight. Go for the A frame :-D I did :-D

Archived