Motorhome Trailer length abroad

onecal

Hi ,

You do not need a " long Vehicle" sign on your trailer if your total length is under 18m in length. If you Motorhome is under 12m you dont need one

This is where some of the problems are cropping up in Spain. They may think it is the overall length of the Motorhome and trailer is over 12m.

Regards,

Brendan

Hi, I have been all over europe towing a smart car trailer behind the hymer without any police taking notice, bar one time we got pulled over and they checked the pay load of the trailer and the hymer plate.

the rules of 18m is for the complete train, ie motorhome and trailer, if this adds up to 18m or over you need a sign, they cost around £6. and I fitted one to the back of the trailer as I have found that sometimes fool motorists drive right upto the rear of the trailer when I am pulling up hills and the hymer slows a bit, the sign keeps them at bay a bit evern if they can,t read it

michael

Hi,

Just to clarify.

Motorhome over 12m...............Needs 'Long Vehicle Sign' rear of MotHo' x2

Motorhome+Trailer over 18m...Needs 'Long Vehicle Sign' rear of trailer x2. Motorhome+Trailer over 12m...Does not need 'Long Vehicle sign,but there is nothing to stop you putting two on.

Regards,

Brendan.

Archived