kelmarsh show

MandyAndy

Just got the show details off CC&C, they seem very steep to us, there are 2 adults and a child and we would only be able to do the Friday and Sat nights as I suspect so will many others but no option than to pay for 4.

Oh I give up, never yet managed to up load anything on here, picture or otherwise ,

Anyway it is £30 for MH or £75 with EHU , £45 for a weekend electric what do they think we are going to do with it?

On top of that it is £18 each for adults and £5 for children for the weekend.

So for the 3 of us for the weekend I make that £71 without electric and £116 with electric.

Am I just a cheap skate or does it sound a lot for a weekend, I know it will be a good fair with lots to see but by 'eck.

Mandy

the word 'club' should be replaced with 'company' by both of the big 'clubs'.

i left the CC a few years ago after the electricity debacle. i have stayed with the C&CC for CS sites, temporary holiday sites, motorhome stop offs & visiting friends on overseas rallies.

presumably the hookups are off a huge diesel generator but for that price i would want part ownership.

Guest peter

Definately having a laugh.

10 APRIL 11 APRIL 12 APRIL 13 APRIL

CAMP SITE RATES (PER UNIT): PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY ONE MOTOR VEHICLE PER PITCH IS PERMITTED NUMBER EACH TOTAL

STANDARD PITCH (GRASS PITCH) £30.00

SERVICE PITCH (GRASS PITCH INCLUDING ELECTRIC HOOKUP) £75.00

ADDITIONAL VEHICLE PARKING: FREE

SHOW TICKETS:

ADULT DAY TICKET £9.60

ADULT WEEKEND TICKET £18.00

CHILD DAY TICKET (UNDER 14 YEARS OF AGE) £3.20

CHILD WEEKEND TICKET (UNDER 14 YEARS OF AGE) £5.00

FAMILY DAY TICKET (2 ADULTS PLUS 2 CHILDREN UNDER 14 YEARS OF AGE) £24.80

TOTAL AMOUNT SENT £

PAYMENT BY CHEQUE OR POSTAL ORDER MADE PAYABLE TO: THE CAMPING AND CARAVANNING CLUB

Ohhh you old clever clogs!!! :-D

At least I'm not on my own then.

We do loads of rallies with them and us the CSl's but just like the look of the show. The steam rallies we have done with them are nothing like that price. Maybe they just want some elite group who wouldn't want the likes of us with our budget van amongst them. :-S

Thanks as always

Mandy

The prices seem steep but I wonder how much profit the C&CC make (I'm not a member by the way) and how much they have to pay to the event organisers.

We've been to Kelmarsh several times as re-enactors taking part in the Festival of History. I don't think there is any public camping that weekend but there is a similar event at Detling in August (Military Odyssey) where public camping is available.

The Detling rates are £39.50 per tent/caravan plus an extra £67.85 for EHU. On top of that campers have to buy 3 day event tickets (£36.50 per adult). Those prices make the C&CC ones for Kelmarsh look cheap :-S

Graham

My view is this, anyone happy, comfortable, call it what you like, paying those fees are any or indeed all of the following:-

Don't get out much so have no idea of the real world

Have too much dosh

Are barking mad

£75 for a piece of grass with an EHU!!!! It says serviced pitch, does that mean a "proper" service pitch with it's own tap, drainage and TV connection?

Never forgot a site near Harrogate we stayed at many moons ago that advertised a serviced pitch, ha b****y ha.

I went to the site owner to query the location of water and or drain which to all intents and purposes should have been on the pitch.

"Oh no lovey, you see that one tap with 6 or 7 pipes from static vans all led around it, well that's yours to use too, and what's a drain?"

Not been back funny enough..

Martyn

Archived