Channel Ferries

mondo

I've heard a rumour about Sea-France that they are being taken over I'm currently in Spain and no-one can confirm this can any viewers out there come up with any info not that I'm panic struck but I would to know one way or 'tother

UN.gif.b2e53af8b4dbd56a48fce8dda01de8f3.gif

i've just returned on seafrance from spain, and like you,i heard untold rumours whilst there,but the journey went to plan and i haven't heard anything now i'm home.i will say though,i have never seen so few vehicles using the ferry as this time, either going or coming back.

During January and February there were press releases by Seafrance that they needed to make economies and that they were likely to prune the number of ships from 5 to 3 and make about 650 workers redundant. In parallel with that process there have been a number of other companies expressing interest in a take-over or merger. Initially it was LD Ferries, but they dropped out this week. Britanny Ferries are now in talks with with SNCF (owners of Seafrance), Seafrance and the french government regarding Britanny Ferries going into partnership with Seafrance. Seafrance have been saying they want it all finalised by end of March

Good places for uptodate news are : lloydslist.com and directferries.co.uk

Seafrance website is still carrying full schedule of sailings.

Hope that helps.

Colin

Archived