MHF still going from strength to strength

Tony Hunt

Guest Peter Sharpe
I sincerely hope that David is grateful for the free publicity afforded him by this website. I do feel though, that the plugging of his own, commercial site on here was discourteous and would not have been tolerated elsewhere. There was a valid point raised however, about the occasional difficulty in accessing this website. This has been caused both by the ever increasing volume of traffic on the site and also by a considerable amount of maintenance work that has been going on behind the scenes. This major project is soon to be unveiled and apart from providing a greatly enhanced interface, will also insure against slow response times for the foreseeable future.

Hi Peter Thanks for the info, can I just ask though, is the Forum still going to be free to subscribers and buyers of the MMM mag? With the comments about what's going on with other Forums, it would be good to know about this from the start, ie from the horses mouth as it were (not that you look like a horse I'm sure!). That way hopefully you won't get silly rumours starting elsewhere.

Guest David Burley
Apologies Peter but other sites had been flagrantly doing the same, and even slandering our site and my name on here so i was just trying to put records straight :)

Guest Gillian
To paraphrase from the Physics of my schooldays:- Every action can expect at least an equal and opposite reaction. No response from Dave Burley would have been necessary if certain parties hadn't blatantly advertised other websites and deliberately targetted the members of www.motorhomefacts.co There can be as many simple forum type websites around as webmasters want to set up and they will all have a place. However they are not the mine of information which is www.motorhomefacts.com and so neither will they need the same amount of time, technical knowledge and expertise which is put into MHF's continued growth by the webmaster. Having achieved this and in order to further progress the site it is necessary for its members to accept the financial burden of its maintenance, surely not too much to ask given the amount of pleasure and help it has given to so many in its relatively short life. Gillian Selby

I'm getting a bit bored with all this wranging about MHF and whether it is right to pay for it or not, whether it is the best site or not. It's all up to personal choice so hopefully we've seen an end to all the comments now, in any case I'm going to go before I fall asleep. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

Got to agree when MHF owners and staff come on this site decrying others definitley pots and kettles. David I got the info from your own site at this moment 161 guests 41 members. So why don't you come clean on how many paid members you have instead of hiding behind the 8000 figure. Peter great news on the forth coming MMM site improvements

Guest Mike Chapman
Hello Mike C, Don't get your Y fronts in a twist. MHF as at 11:58am 06/02/06 Most ever on line 161 guests 41 members On-line today 63 guests 39 members 2 hidden MHT as at 12:02 06/02/06 On-line today 3 guests 5 members. Who are Dave Bess, Pete C and FJMike then who post adverts for MHT on this forum and the Practical Motorcaravan forum with monotonous regularity. If you are going to make a comment then at least be even handed. What I do not undestand is why the moderators of this forum allow blatant advertising for ANY other Forums in breach of the code of conduct. Regards, Mike Chapman.

Ho Ho Ho you are having a laugh Mike Chapman even handed , I think maybe you should look at a few of your own posts before doling out that advice.Perhaps you might want to try to help some people rather than sit on here and carp

Don't you lot think it's about time to leave this subject? It's now deteriorating into having a go at each other, if this continues I hope that the MMM moderator pulls the plug as it's not doing any good for any of the Forums now and will surely just put other Forum users off. If you want to have a lot off at each other, go be politicians on opposite sides of the benches, you can then snip and carp as much as you like, leave the Forums for people who want to use them sensibly and not as a 'stick' to beat each other with.

Guest dave treanor
Hi ,just to answer Mike Chapman ,whos who.i am davebess (dave treanor)and www.motorhometoday.co.uk was an idea of mind for many months,with the help of my son pete who is the computer brains. (No he is not peter C )i have caravaned for 20 years before moving to motorhome 5 years ago.the site is just motorhomes, and i was not banned from mhf, just feel like a change. we have only been running 1 month but have 300 members. lets now enjoy life and surf net. Dave

Guest Mike Chapman
Hello Dave Treanor, So that we do not upset Mel B anymore I will respond to your posting by E-mail. Regards, Mike Chapman.

Archived