Hello from Greece.

Hymer C 9.

OH SHIRLEY VALENTINE wonderful I am sitting here just thought I would pop in and see hows you all diddling . Carol is raining hard here in Harlow I love the pictures one day maybe one day we will get the chance to do it all . Right now best offer I have had is a weekend in Porugal just for a quick break .

I hope you are so enjoying it the both of you safe travels love the pics keep us posted envious in Harlow x

maggyd - 2009-04-27 3:25 PM

Just sorted my travel health insurance this morning and were NOT covered for Greece and Spain :-S worrying!! keep away from crowds Carol and Ed I think its because of the Swine flu epedemic.

Just had two cases confirmed in Scotland so looks like its getting everywhere, but it does seem to be less virulent once it,s outside Mexico and lets hope it dies out as quickly as it,s appeared.

I have wfi again and a quick catch up, as the site as offered our group free drinks in the taverna tonight, at the moment we are a few miles outside Delphi. But since leaving Gythio, we have had a night at Mikines and went to see the site of Ancient Mycenae, it was really worth visiting the bee hive tombs and the remains of the old dwellings and artifacts dating 300 years before Troy, it was a really worth while visit, and the walk from the camp site to it was beautiful with all kinds and colours of wild flowers. From there we spent 5 days in Athens yes the Acropolis, the placka the changing of the guards and many ally ways of the shops in the plaka were not to be missed and we had a brilliant guide to explain it all, but it was slightly spoiled I have never in all my life seen so much graffiti anywhere even on beautiful monuments any where that could be reached had graffiti on it, and pick pockets out of our group of 10 couples one had there money pinched and 3 others were targeted so you need you whits about you there, but never the less it was worth the visit.

When we left there we travelled on to Delfi where we are now on a stunning site overlooking mountains and the sea, we have had one day of rain not boiling hot weather but about 24/25 degrees so nice.

I have to say GB Privilege who are running the tour with our tour leader Kevin Griffiths who is a Greek MMM consultant has taken us some amzing places we would never have found our selves.

One of Eds high lights was the Corinth Canal and we were luck enough to see a fair size ship going through it. Will get some more pictures on soon. Carol.

• 3 weeks later...
Just a quick catch up, we finished our tour in Greece in Delfi and really enjoyed it, the scenery was beautiful and the camp site in the hills but overlooking the sea was stunning, I have never seen so many wild flowers. But now the trip is over and we are in Italy so I will let you know how we are getting on there on a different thread. Going to have a look what has been going on while I have not been able to get wfi. Carol.

Hi Carol :-D nice to hear from you, enjoy Italy, were off to Germany Mosel Im not allowed to take my laptop (weight)!! >:-( as if it would make a difference!! Ill look forward to catching up when we get back.-maggy.

Hi Carol, So lovely to keep up with your travels. .... but boy am I missing your phone calls.

I have just got back from visiting my daughter - I went down to see her for my birthday - and got broken into (van) whilst on motorway services, but other than that had lovely time and can't wait to tell you all about it.... the lovely time that is.

Give Ed big hug from me and keep posting about your travels. xxxx

Archived