Good luck Pagey

ROON

Guest peter
Also just spotted this thread. So glad it's going to be o/k as you say there's more to life than work. Just keep yourself busy and you won't miss it one bit. I started working part time when I was made redundant from my managers job at 50. Now I wonder how I managed to work full time and keep on top of all the jobs that needed doing. Fact is I didn't. Now house is good and I am not stressed. Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
hi update time .. we were away for last week in dorset and i recieved a call from my boss on tuesday saying that i have been given early retirement and i leave bt on tues 30/06 i am off on the monday so all i have to do is drive the van back on tues give back the laptop,phone, etc and thats it im free .. the healing up is going well so it wont be long before i am off again sometimes lifes good and this is one of those times be lucky

hi many thanks just got back from handing back the van ,laptop etc and now im retired ( i will miss that van) i sat in the garden and had a couple of beers and watched the wildlife this retirement seems good but i must convince my wife to read the oxford,s meaning of retirement oh well time for another beer or two ..ps still healing ok

gmcclin - 2009-07-01 4:14 PM

Just came across this thread. The best of luck to you in your retirement and hope things continue to improve for you health ways. Have one of those beers for me :-D

Yeh all that this one says B-)

Good Luck for the future Pagey , Nice to hear your on the mend ,If the wound is still open get them to put you an hearing aid in for when your in your Nineties ,you,ll need it. Keep the faith ,and may your God go with you .

know how you feel i retired just over a year ago never looked back never missed work. now we have a motorhome even better.

cannot understand people who work on and on and on only to die just after they retire I say retire as soon as your pension allows and enjoy life to the full.

Archived