bad back

gaz43

Hello Gaz, sorry to hear about your troubles. You've had good advice about what to do now so I would just like to offer some tips that I have learned to use after the immediate problem passes. (My back was permanently damaged in two places 8 years ago when some numpty "didn't look up" to see a queue of traffic on the M25, of which my tiny pool car formed the tail end...)

As you start to improve I suggest you get into a habit of really thinking before you lift anything or reach for anything. It is incredibly easy to set your back off again. Even a comparatively lightweight item, if picked up at full stretch can have a dramatic effect because of leverage.

Similarly, when you are well enough to head off into the hills again I suggest using a walking stick or walking poles, if necessary, especially in wet conditions, to improve stability. I find that the slightest slip or unexpected twist can set my back off and ruin a trip away.

Hope you make a full and speedy recovery.

Bob

hi josie gibblebucket

the only tools taken belonged to the firm and were not my own

I would have liked to have caught them they would have got a shock and a doctor and nurses to look after them

duetto owner - 2009-05-15 2:38 PM

If the pain is bad ask dr for zamadol melts fast acting stong pain killers that disolve under the tongue once disolved swallow the residue.

they have a slight opiate ingrediant so not for long term use.

If these are derivative of Tramadol don't take them, I took these for 2 weeks for Sciatica and when the course was finished I could understand how people feel when they are coming off illegal drugs, it was horrendous. We were in the caravan at the time and we had to come straight home instead of continuing our holiday. I couldn't keep still, was shaking and wanting to vomit, it was awful.

You need painkillers that are not addictive.

Randonneur

yes they do contain tramadol, i was on them for ages for severe migraine only thing that would cut the pain. came of them due to rebound effect from being on them too long. coming off caused restlessness for 3 days. but we are all different in reaction.

Archived