traveling to Lake Garda via Innsbruck

benson

Having finally decided on a route from Dunkirk to Italy via Belgium, Germany, and Innsbruck(where we will stay for a couple of days as it has fond memories),I have a couple of questions to ask for anyone who has done this trip.

1. Do you know of a good stopover site approx 150 miles from Dunkirk going towards the German border at Aachen. One which takes Camping cheques/ACSI would be preferable.

2. I have e-mailed the Austrian tourist office regarding the vignette but they appear disinterested. Where can I purchase this thing - is it available online before we go? Also, would it be better as we are passing through to get two seperate ones for onward and return journeys?

3. What is the current cost of a Brenner Pass toll?

4. Any recommendations for a good site near to Venice convenient for public transport (road or boat) as we have never been there before and would like to stay 2/3 days.

Thanks for your help, and happy touring to everyone!!!

Benson :-> :->

Hi Benson

You can buy a vignette at filling stations near the border the one we had lasted ten days so it will depend on when you return as to which to buy.

We stayed at camping Della Serenissima (Caravan club Europe 2 book) about 12k out with a bus outside the gate into Venice.

Not one of the cheapest sites but probably the cheapest to get into Venice.

Brian

Hi benson,

We're usually been going to the Dolomites and spend our first night near the channel ports after travelling down from Yorkshire.

Our second night is usually at Dahn, southeast of Luxembourg between Saarbrucken and Karlsruhr about 500km from the channel. We then reach innsbruck at least or stop just over the Brenner for our next night.

alan

We used this site a few years ago. Very convenient for bus right outside to get to Venice and staff are very friendly and helpful . Also caravan/camping shop nearby which is conveneinet to browze around and buy any accessories you need. Lidl and similar a bit of a further walk along the road. I really enjoyed the site and was one of the cheaper ones.

http://www.campeggi.com/en/camping_details.asp?id=1072

Edit - would help if I added the link!!!

Archived