WOULD YOU

howie

Not over yet by a long way. Battle lines have been drawn and the opening salvo being fired is the steady drip drip of guilt. Would like to say 'fat chance', but they know my weak points and must concentrate on being strong and avoiding eye contact.

Those big sorrowfull brown eyes. :-( . Must stay strong.

T'would appear that I am in a minority but, albeit with the first motorhome, when it was "older", I let my son and daughter use it on a couple to time each. It was always returned clean and intact but never with the same level of fuel in it as when they took it!! They have not yet asked to use the new one so maybe they are waiting until it gets some years on it. Will I let them then? Each case is judged on its merits but if you cannot trust your own son/daughter........what is the world coming to??

Howie appease you concience be generous, remember what it was like although years ago with a young family, can't afford holidays etc etc.............................................................

BUY THEM A TENT :D :D

Hopesy - 2009-05-17 12:27 PM

Howie appease you concience be generous, remember what it was like although years ago with a young family, can't afford holidays etc etc.............................................................

I thought that a) a holiday was a luxury and b) it was one of the luxury items you gave up willingly when you had a young family. Perhaps I'm old fashioned and you get what you can when you can afford to etc.... and went without until you did, however, nowadays people seem to want it all now and get it.

Guest Tracker
Rapido-lass - 2009-05-17 1:42 PM

Hopesy - 2009-05-17 12:27 PM

I thought that a) a holiday was a luxury and b) it was one of the luxury items you gave up willingly when you had a young family. Perhaps I'm old fashioned and you get what you can when you can afford to etc.... and went without until you did, however, nowadays people seem to want it all now and get it.

Do what we had to do when my Dad would not lend us his caravan - learn self reliance - buy a tent and start again from the beginning - or wait until you can by going without a holiday- is that so tough - it's all part of life's rich tapestry - why should anyone expect others to subsidise their holidays for them - are we living in a 'must have now' world where envy and greed have surplanted the old ways of make do and mend, do only that which you can afford and make your own way in life - I don't recall that philosophy doing our generation any lasting harm?

Mick H. - 2009-05-16 7:57 AM

Tracker - 2009-05-15 7:16 PM

When my son asked I reluctantly pointed out that as they have two small children and our van is a two berth it was not possible - phew that was a close one!

Blimey, a 26' long motorhome the roof is big enough to carry a small hairyplane never mind towing a smart car.

Ours is definitely a 26 ft two double bed two berth.

Taking the worst case scenario, what would you do or say if your son/daughter damaged your pride and joy, would you say, its ok son/daughter accidents happen, i'll sort out the damage.

I have three grown up stepkids, all earning good money who from time to time want to borrow tools and equipment, they dont ask me directly they go through their mother and the answer is always a resounding no.

They have tried going through their mother to borrow the campervan for a weekend away but even she has said hell will have to freeze over before you would ever get behind the steering wheel.

Like an earlier poster said, there are plenty of companies in the campervan hire business.

Archived