Do you remember...........

josie gibblebucket

Don It was that man that was a spy .... I can't remember his name 8-) but all the young lads for years later used to put their coats over their shoulders with the collars up and have a magnifying glass..... in the playground.... and then they progressed to burning bits of things with it using the sun's rays.

Come on Mick.... this is right up your street. Who was he?

Don It was that man that was a spy .... I can't remember his name 8-) but all the young lads for years later used to put their coats over their shoulders with the collars up and have a magnifying glass..... in the playground.... and then they progressed to burning bits of things with it using the sun's rays.

Come on Mick.... this is right up your street. Who was he?

Don Madge - 2009-05-26 5:01 PM

malc d - 2009-05-26 4:46 PM

........... or was it Dick Barton - Special Agent !

:-|

Your on the ball.

Can you remember who his two mates were?

Don

Jock Anderson & Snowey White, (Googled, I'm only a nipper :D )

Martyn

malc d - 2009-05-26 11:14 AM

ROON - 2009-05-26 10:38 AM

Colin, Did it work? And how did you get that type in bold please? Joy (?)

Are you thinking of getting bold then Joy ?

;-)

Seeing as Malc's playing hard-ball, I'll tell you Joy

To get bold text, or italic, or underlined you put in the relevant code as detailed below - but omit the space between the relevant letter and ] as I've just added this to show you the code.

Bold, put in [b ][/b] before the first word and [/b ][/b] after the word(s)

Underline, put in [u ][/b] before the first word(s) and [/u ][/b] after the word

Italic, put in [i ][/b] before the first word and [/i ][/b] after the word(s)

You can also do a combination of all of them if you wish by putting all the first parts in, then the text, then the last parts so you get:

Bold italic underline

:-D

LordThornber - 2009-05-26 5:11 PM

Don Madge - 2009-05-26 5:01 PM

malc d - 2009-05-26 4:46 PM

........... or was it Dick Barton - Special Agent !

:-|

Your on the ball.

Can you remember who his two mates were?

Don

Jock Anderson & Snowey White, (Googled, I'm only a nipper :D )

Martyn

I'm sorry young Martyn but they were NEVER known as Jock Anderson and Snowy White.

They were simply 'Jock and Snowy' !

( In fact I've never heard their surnames before - and I was a fan ).

;-)

Well Malc, remember where you heard it first then..

By the way they're suing each other, (and The BBC), for distress & chronic injury to feelings for not using real names, I mean, Snowey & Jock, how insulting can you get, names from the dark ages if you ask me.

PS, What's a wireless?

Oh lighten up you lot :D :D

LordThornber - 2009-05-26 7:33 PM

Well Malc, remember where you heard it first then..

By the way they're suing each other, (and The BBC), for distress & chronic injury to feelings for not using real names, I mean, Snowey & Jock, how insulting can you get, names from the dark ages if you ask me.

PS, What's a wireless?

Oh lighten up you lot :D :D

Just for info.

I'm told that a 'wireless' is some new fangled gadget that I will need if ever my crystal set packs up.

;-)

Mel B - 2009-05-26 6:43 PM

malc d - 2009-05-26 11:14 AM

ROON - 2009-05-26 10:38 AM

Colin, Did it work? And how did you get that type in bold please? Joy (?)

Are you thinking of getting bold then Joy ?

;-)

Seeing as Malc's playing hard-ball, I'll tell you Joy

To get bold text, or italic, or underlined you put in the relevant code as detailed below - but omit the space between the relevant letter and ] as I've just added this to show you the code.

Bold, put in [b ][/b] before the first word and [/b ][/b] after the word(s)

Underline, put in [u ][/b] before the first word(s) and [/u ][/b] after the word

Italic, put in [i ][/b] before the first word and [/i ][/b] after the word(s)

You can also do a combination of all of them if you wish by putting all the first parts in, then the text, then the last parts so you get:

Bold italic underline

:-D

Before I went back and edited, I was also trying to change colour using codes from another forum, but it didn't work for me.

You need to alter one of the settings in your Control panel to allow you to use colour (you can also do bold, underline etc this way as well).

Go to your Control Panel and look down the list of options until you come to:

Use rich edit box when composing messages?

Change it to say 'Yes' and then press the 'Submit' button further down, your new viewing etc settings will then change and when you next reply to a posting you can alter the font colour, style, size, type (ie bold etc), add symbols, whatever you want.  

The downside is that if you want to use smilies you need to know the code to do so as they are no longer on the left for you to simply click on. :-)

These are the codes for the faces etc, just remove the spaces I’ve put between the characters shown on the right to get the image you want.

(>) = arrow to right = ( > )

(?) = Question mark = ( ? )

:-) = Small smile = : - )

:-D = Big smile = : - D

:-> = Big open mouth smile = : - >

:D = Green smirk = : D

(lol) = Laughing = ( l o l )

:-S = Wavey mouth = : - S

B-) = Wearing sunglasses & smiling = B - )

>:-) = Laughing evil face = > : - )

;-) = Smile & wink = ; - )

:-o = Oh = : - o

>:-( = Sad evil face = > : - (

:-( = Sad lowered eyebrows = : - (

:-( = Sad raised eyebrows = : - (

:'( = Sad & crying = : ‘ (

:-| = Straight mouth, raised eyebrows = : - (

8o| = Angry face = 8 o |

:$ = Embarrassed = : $

*-) = Raising eyes = * - )

8-) = Boogle eyes = 8 - )

(!) = Exclamation mark = ( ! )

(^) = Light bulb = ( ^ )

Wow. Thanks for that. will try and use it when I get to my own computer.

Oooh Sorry Malc. Only joking. Anyone who knows me knows a man is the last thing I want....... too many bad experiences. I'll stick to my female friends and companionship.... oh no, I don't mean that I am gay, just that I have lots of friends, married and otherwise and we all joke together... oh dear, am I digging a hole here..... :'( Janine, help me out please...... *-)

ROON - 2009-05-27 11:30 AM

Wow. Thanks for that. will try and use it when I get to my own computer.

Oooh Sorry Malc. Only joking. Anyone who knows me knows a man is the last thing I want....... too many bad experiences. I'll stick to my female friends and companionship.... oh no, I don't mean that I am gay, just that I have lots of friends, married and otherwise and we all joke together... oh dear, am I digging a hole here..... :'( Janine, help me out please...... *-)

Joy,

There is no law in the land that states you have to be married or partnered up, yes, in an ideal world, married with a couple of kids is great if it works out. If as you say you have had bad experiences in the past stay as you are "Queen of the castle" nowt to stop you having male friends, evenings out, the odd fling etc and it is surprising how many women will envy your freedom and independence.

When I was of the divorced status I used to manage a singles club and some of the tales told to me were horrendous, to be happy and content in your single status is something you cannot buy, it usually comes after a lot of pain and hardship, stick with it kid, you're on the right track.

I know, been there, seen it, done it, read the book and starred in the movie.

Archived