My big day at the dealers

Stewart

I took my van to my local Fiat dealer today to get the first phase of the reversing judder "fix" done. I had taken a phone call from Fiat in Slough about a month ago, discussed which Fiat dealer was nearest and then spoken to someone at the dealer to make the arrangements to have the job done along with the first annual service.

Despite all I have read in this forum I was taken aback when the guy behind the desk told me that there were no parts, that there was no "fix" available yet and that he had been telling other motorhome owners the same story.

After my two calls to Italy and one to Slough had resulted in a conversation between Fiat Slough and the dealer, the dealer agreed that there was a "fix" but, of course, this involved raising a new case number and waiting for a response from Fiat, ordering the parts etc etc etc. They could not say how long all this would take, needless to say.

- and not even a "thank you" as I handed over more than £200 for an oil change and filter.

Hope you hear soon Stewart, we have had a case number for over a year now and on checking the progress for the 3 litre engine fix, we have been told each time that it hasn't been developed yet but they will contact us when it is ready!! :-S

Just had mine serviced at my local Fiat dealer and it cost just under the £200 and it was for a low mileage service! it has to go back in a couple of weeks to have exhaust brackets replaced (no cost thankfully) but after a year these should not need replacing!

Archived