Satelite TV

Guest bill h

Will someone kindly list all the components for portable 12v satelite reception. Is it the same as the house. Dish. Digibox card and TV. I read of ASDA. TESCO etc selling TV's. Certainly not around Gatwick. Where? bill h

Guest Dave Newell
Hi Bill, You've pretty much got it sussed, equipment required for satellite tv reception is the same for house and motorhome alike. Dish, Coax, digibox, power, tv. Some people like to add a satellite finder to help aligning the dish. There is a vast choice of dish available for motorhome use from a cheap dish around 30cm dia to a fully automated "self seeking" 80 cm dish. The further south you travel on the continent the bigger the dish you'll need to reliably receive UK sat tv. The card is optional and is only required for encrypted channels, SKY etc. Although ITV, Channel four and five require a card that is available for a one off payment of around £20 I beleive. I'm sure somebody else will have the current info on what's available. feel free to give me a call to discuss this further 01952 587702 D.

Guest david lloyd
hi bill Visit www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk - it is a private not commercial site and the guy who runs it on a voluntary basis is a mine of info on the subject. Just about everything you need to know is on there but if there is anything else you can also e-mail him. regards, david

I've just checked the site that david LL suggests. It certainly is extensive so I will have to read all the info first before asking further. Thanks to you both. bill h

Archived