Great weekend away but where was it?

davenewellhome

Totally agree ... its extremely difficult trying to get a really good photo of one of such a shy and endangered species, in its natural habitat, going about it's normal routine without a care in the world ...

Gaz ... your shots of the Newelli Davidus are extremely good and you even managed it without it bearing it's teeth at you ... :D ;-)

Josie, in today's world the kit is not that expensive. Yes its a bit above your average compact camera but you might be surprised to see just how inexpensive some of it can be. Gaz uses a Sony Alpha 100 DSLR and I use a Sony Alpha 200DSLR. We both have similar lens options, mine are a 18-75 Sony zoom and a 70-300 Sony zoom while Gaz has a Sony 18-75 and a Sigma 70-300. We passed my polarising filter between us several times over the weekend. For my part it was great to have the company of another person who shared an interest in photography and wildlife, we walked miles and enjoyed every step!

The owl photo is one I will be envious of for a long time, mine was out of focus. Believe it or not we were just walking along the lakeside road and I spotted the owl in the tree at the roadside. Sadly just as Gaz got his big lens fitted Dex pulled on his lead and the owl flew away before Gaz could get the shot! Overall Gaz put more effort into his photos (you would not believe the climbing he did, he must be crossed with a mountain goat) and the truth of that shows in the pictures he got. I'm very pleased with mine but Gaz got so much more in his.

Oy Mel, leave orrrfff will ya? :D

D.

Just like to say me and Julie enjoyed the wkend just as much as our two mountain goats, even if I was a meal for the midges, It was a well earned rest for all of us and made all the better for good company, and my very own stud muffin of course!!!!!

Archived