Do you BBQ?

J9withdogs

Had my brother-in-law over for dinner this evening, he has been over in UK for 2 weeks on business and flies back to Oz tomorrow. So Barbie was lit and a pleasant time was had. Just bought new Gas BBQ and this one doesn't even use the volcanic rocks so very little smoke or flames so neighbours and Janine would be very happy :D :D Can't seem to get rid of the smoke from the bonfire we lit earlier though (lol)

nowtelse2do - 2009-06-16 6:45 PM

Well Jannie. First a dog then a Pro now a meddling ratbag eh!

Dave

.....................................................................................................

Just J9withsmogs being Catty.

Anyway what's wrong with a little smoke man? Far out.

Like Coolsville..............

If your going to San Francisco..... be sure to wear some flowers in...............

Wow! look at the colours man................ (lol)

pkc - 2009-06-17 5:51 AM

nowtelse2do - 2009-06-16 6:45 PM

Well Jannie. First a dog then a Pro now a meddling ratbag eh!

Dave

.....................................................................................................

Just J9withsmogs being Catty.

Anyway what's wrong with a little smoke man? Far out.

Like Coolsville..............

If your going to San Francisco..... be sure to wear some flowers in...............

Wow! look at the colours man................ (lol)

Now your talking pkc,

Scott Mckenzie and all that jazz, flowers in our hair.

All I would need now is some hair to put the bloody flowers in..!!

A'm warming to the idea of a cannabis BBQ though. Is there any coming up anywhere campers?

Must add, not near Shropshire, might provoke a bit of Flour Power, :D :D

Dave

A'm warming to the idea of a cannabis BBQ though. Is there any coming up anywhere campers?

Dave

Although I realise that this may have been said a bit tongue in cheek, it will be interesting to see whether this thread now gets pulled. There has to be legal conotations to arranging 'illegal' drugs meets on this type of forum, whether said in jest or not :$

nowtelse2do - 2009-06-17 12:44 PM

Big Momma,

Take your point, but hope it doesn't get pulled,

will have to curb my sense of humor and be more alert to the rules.

I now consider me being well chastised :'(

Dave

can't the mod's just pull the post and not the thread?

Dave I hope it didn't come across as me being the one chastising (lol) I think humor is a good trait to have and sometimes wish there was a little bit more of it about. Like you, I trust the moderator will view the comment as being one of jest as the actual original subject matter of this thread had a very valid point for open discussion and/or debate *-)

nowtelse2do - 2009-06-17 12:44 PM

can't the mod's just pull the post and not the thread?

We've had this discussion before, when people were being nasty either to each other, or to certain adver... OOPS, SORRY ... "respected businesses."

Seems it's all or nothing.

If you're still inside your time limit for editing, you could change it to "different" BBQ, and we'd all know what you mean! :-D

Just before this thread gets pulled,

And thoughts of High hopes,

Are roughly culled.

Let me say, I’m sure that Dave,

wasn’t trying to fix a rave.

If he’s dragged before the Beak,

I’ll swear his words were

Tongue in cheek.

When he’s locked up in Strangeways jail,

I’ll swear he smoked but didn’t inhale

So before the moderator cuts,

Just light up man and lighten up.

PS. Please note.

Before all the up tights out there post.

I do not use or condone the use of any drug.

Why would I? I’m drunk most of the time.

PS. That was another joke Virginia.

“Always vote for the man who is least likely to hassle your friends”

Anon.

Regards PKC.

Eric

I'm very thick skinned and glad you raised the point and like you said Janie's comments are indeed valid. I think the problem starts when the first BBQ starts up, It seems like a signal for everyone else to get started and you feel like you are in the middle of a circled Waggon train with the Indians sending fire arrows over. They seem OK once the smoke as gone but on a couple of occasions we have had to shut the van up and have a walk of site it's been so bad (calming influence of the OH), so no problems on my part Eric regarding your post :-D

Dave

sooner laugh than cry

sooner live than die

nowtelse2do - 2009-06-17 1:45 PM

Eric

I'm very thick skinned and glad you raised the point and like you said Janie's comments are indeed valid. I think the problem starts when the first BBQ starts up, It seems like a signal for everyone else to get started and you feel like you are in the middle of a circled Waggon train with the Indians sending fire arrows over. They seem OK once the smoke as gone but on a couple of occasions we have had to shut the van up and have a walk of site it's been so bad (calming influence of the OH), so no problems on my part Eric regarding your post :-D

Dave

sooner laugh than cry

sooner live than die

:-> (lol) (lol)

Glad to hear that you didn't take my point personally. As for the BBQ discussion, I can safely admit to sitting on both sides of the fence on this one. I am sure that many of us have experienced the 'Heavy Smokers' on sites and you do not have to be pitched next door to get a strong whiff if the wind is blowing in the wrong direction. I have a small portable barbecue with a lid known as a 'Smokie Joe', bought from an American Forces outlet in Germany. I find the trick to prevent excessive smoke is to douse the charcoal in BBQ lighting fluid (Not the Gel) and leave for 20-30 mins. When you then light the charcoal you do not need all the other firelighting aids that actually taint the flavour of the food because they never actually burn away completely. Once the coals are nicely hot, and with virtually no smoke the food is ready to put on the grill. When the fat drips on to the hot coals yes it does create a little bit of smoke but the smell of cooking meat is what is sent out

(lol)

Archived