Travellers

bob b

I am being careful in not mentioning to two factions involved in this thread because of my well known strong views therefore no bright spark can accuse me of being racist.

But the point is that these two factions are well aware of the weakness in our laws and they exploit them to the full, producing the race card as and when it suits them.

I have no objection to immigrants coming to this country BUT whoever comes here must, like us abide by the laws of the land, it seems to me that the police will not tangle with these two particular factions due to the human rights issue and they are virtually getting away with murder.

With regard to travellers of the southern Irish kind they are not economic migrants and they have more money than you and I will ever have, they are the ones that screw everything up for the camping and caravanning fraternity, the remedy is in the hands of the government, but will they do anything about it? no chance.

maggyd - 2009-07-08 4:14 PM

I we want to be VERY CAREFUL :-S as Im told !!that is how Adolf Hitler came to power!!!

Adolf Hitler came to power because the people voted him in, because he said that he would cure certain 'problems'. Pre-war Germany might have been German but in reality Germany had been taken over and Hitler and the German people were lodgers in their own country.

I lived and worked in Germany for ten years and talked to many grass roots Germans who were around prior to the war, those are the people to talk to, it will give you a different slant on to why things happened prior to and during the war.

Guest Tracker

Before he got into power many of Hitler's ideas were either unknown by the mass populace or still hidden deep away from sight in his own mind.

It's only when despots get into power that they have the opportunity to become despots.

Just like the BNP, Hitler seemed like a good idea at the time?

Tracker - 2009-07-08 5:56 PM

Before he got into power many of Hitler's ideas were either unknown by the mass populace or still hidden deep away from sight in his own mind.

It's only when despots get into power that they have the opportunity to become despots.

Just like the BNP, Hitler seemed like a good idea at the time?

Just like Gordon Brown *-)

Guest Tracker
knight of the road - 2009-07-08 5:59 PM

Just like Gordon Brown *-)

Er - not quite - nobody voted for him and, having experienced his brand of 'wisdom', very few of us ever thought he would be a better PM than he had been Chancellor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's the one who took over a country recovering from recession, took the credit for all the growth and 'stability' generated by the groundwork of the previous government - and then spent many years buggering it all up!

Then having buggered up the finances he turned his magic to the country as a whole and is doing a wonderful job buggering up everything else he touches.

The man is an arrogant pompous bloody disaster - but then I think maybe we are all agreed on that anyway?

CliveH - 2009-07-07 10:54 PM

Interesting point Bas.

I always wondered why a Policeman could insist that a homeless person "moves on" and yet they do nothing when a Gypsy Camp springs up.

Am I correct in assuming that the Police are being selective with the powers they already have?

If my understanding is correct, yes very much so, not the guys at the pointy end by the way who had much sympathy with our case!

Bas

knight of the road - 2009-07-08 4:48 PM

Adolf Hitler came to power because the people voted him in, because he said that he would cure certain 'problems'. Pre-war Germany might have been German but in reality Germany had been taken over and Hitler and the German people were lodgers in their own country.

I lived and worked in Germany for ten years and talked to many grass roots Germans who were around prior to the war, those are the people to talk to, it will give you a different slant on to why things happened prior to and during the war.

And of course it should be remembered that history is always written by the victors!

Bas

Tracker - 2009-07-08 6:11 PM

Then having buggered up the finances he turned his magic to the country as a whole and is doing a wonderful job buggering up everything else he touches.

The man is an arrogant pompous bloody disaster - but then I think maybe we are all agreed on that anyway?

Oh and you forgot he's Scottish as well!!!

Bas

Basil - 2009-07-08 7:48 PM

Quite so, the Americans have re-written the last two world wars saying that they won them with minor assistence from the British.

And of course it should be remembered that history is always written by the victors!

Bas

knight of the road - 2009-07-08 7:55 PM

Quite so, the Americans have re-written the last two world wars saying that they won them with minor assistence from the British.

Bas

Pressed on the wrong thing, it was me that wrote that the Americans had re-written the history of the last two world wars.

knight of the road - 2009-07-08 7:59 PM

knight of the road - 2009-07-08 7:55 PM

Bas

Pressed on the wrong thing, it was me that wrote that the Americans had re-written the history of the last two world wars.

Funny that :-S Im sure I remember that the leader of the BNP has much the same views! he also was a fan of A.H. who was a Facist wasnt he!!

We need the likes of the BNP like we need a hole in the head. If you look at what they are saying it is akin to the same crap that the taliban come out with when they try to justify the bigotry against women and their hatred of any other religion than theirs.

What makes it worse is that there version or interpretation of the Koran is worlds apart from the real meaning where it teaches that other religions and peoples should be respected.

The fanatics are ignorant bigoted ill educated people who see that there only chance of success is to kill innocents from the safety of being on the other end of a telephone line as they did in the attack on Mumbai.

Anyone who saw the Dispatches programme recently will probably never forget it. For me the worst bit was the "Controller telling the terrorist to kill the Israeli couple and then hearing the shots. Later their 2 year old child was rescued from the room where his dead parents lay.

Such bigotry as shown by the taliban is no different to that shown by the BNP. The BNP is attractive to bigots and ill educated people with more hate in them than kindness.

We allow the BNP a foothold at our peril.

The problem I have with the numpty PC nonsense we have to put up with re Travellers and what they get away with and how the Traffic laws are suspended in the UK for one religious group but not the indigenous one is that I fear that the backlash will come and it will bring in the puerile fetid nonsense that is the BNP.

The PC brigade don't see it because they have such tunnel vision that the wider world where the rest of us live is a mystery to them.

Big Momma - 2009-07-02 10:37 AM

I think that the local councils will use 'Travellers' as an excuse not to have 'Aires' but that as we know would be just a cop out. Let's face it, France suffer from the same problem but does that effect them still providing 'Aires Services' (!)

In France I stopped amazed watching Travellers in action, we were cycling from the beach and could hear horns blowing & blowing as we got to the main cross roads about 50 travellers with brand new Hummers / Mercs / and every kind of brand new 4x4 you could think of had completely jammed all the roads after half a hour the police had them all lined along each side of the road actually the travellers did the directing the police just watched, and by force of numbers they negotiated some where to park up or all the roads would have stayed blocked and that was in Cannes.

Carol.

Archived