Truckstop Guide

GJH

A couple of years ago I obtained a copy of the Truckstop Guide book which was being given away free by the Highways Agency. Shortly afterwards the offer ended.

Just did a Google search to see if they had an updated version and found that it is now on-line Here with details of opening times, costs, facilities etc plus locations via Google mapping.

Graham

Thanks for the link GJH, very interesting.

I was surprised how few stops there were, and how expensive some are.

I always feel embarrassed at the meanness of my own country,when I see the serried lines of continental trucks, trying to grab a few hours sleep at the side of a busy A road, when only a few hours earlier I have slept soundly on some French Aire, sometimes with free hookup.

Perhaps the signs that proclaim TIREDNESS KILLS! should also say Meanness Also Kills.

Regards PKC.

• 3 weeks later...

Have only just picked up this thread and it has got me curious as to how well motorhomes are accepted at truckstops. I have driven past one or two and the signage makes it quite obvious that they are only for trucks.

Will be interested in hearing people's experience of them.

John (?)

Wirralian - 2009-08-02 9:23 PM

Have only just picked up this thread and it has got me curious as to how well motorhomes are accepted at truckstops. I have driven past one or two and the signage makes it quite obvious that they are only for trucks.

Will be interested in hearing people's experience of them.

John (?)

There are various different types of facility on the site. Some are motorway/A road services so definitely not aimed just at trucks.

I should have thought that the appeal for motorhomes would be somewhere to stop on a longish trip, rather than anything longer term. That being the case the contact details on the site could always be used to check before travelling.

Graham

Archived