KVH TracVision R4SL Slimline Fully Automatic Static Dome Satellite Dish

bounty hunter

Hi

Retiring at end of the year and hope to do a lot of travelling at home and away. We have had a van for 25 years and have never carried a tv. However we have never been away for more than 3 weeks on our summer hols and always planned so much into the break that we never missed the tv. On a 4/5 month trip it may be a completely different scenario. Because of my impatient behaviour if we do go down the tele route it will be an automatic version, expensive I know but I would probably throw a manual version in the river the first time I couldn't get a picture.

Has anyone any experience of KVH slimline dome? Can we keep ourselves occupied on a 4/5 month trip or do I resign myself to watching the soaps in Spain?

Thanks

John

Hi

Not a direct answer, but do consider other kit. We have an Alden Netmaster which gives Internet access as well as freesat. It isn't cheap but gives basic TV as far south as Gibraltar (News and radio) as well as Internet access.

I suggest you speak to VanBitz about what you need and prices.

Peter

This can be a very complex question but basically you will get a full range of channels on Astra 2D as far as Barcelona but after there channels start dropping off the first to be BBC and ITV which carry the soaps you are keen to watch. In general the further south you go, the fewer the channels. On the Costa Blanca for example you need at least a 2metre dish to draw in the signal for BBC.

On the Costa Blanca I can get a few channels on a 66cms dish such as True Movies and about 2 or 3 others (on south beam) but that's about it. If you do a search on here you will pick up further information. The purpose of my post was to dispel the underlying implication in your post that you will be watching the soaps all over Spain on a Tracvision which simply is not possible in my view.

Archived