X250 new engine mounts - semi-detached?

Stewart

I had my new engine mounts fitted a few weeks ago as the first "fix" for the reverse judder. I have covered a few hundred miles since then. As I was checking the oil this morning I had a look around the engine bay to see what the new engine mounts looked like. They were easy to spot as the new bolts are so rusty.

As you can maybe see from the picture, there are only 3 bolts attaching the nearside mount to the engine. I would have expected 4 bolts as there are 4 holes. What is more difficult to see in the picture is that the bottom left bolt in the picture is undone by a couple of turns. So only two bolts are holding the engine to the mount.

I won't be able to speak to my Fiat dealer till tomorrow but would be interested to know what others who have the new mounts have found.

2128957643_engmount1.jpg.81760d3a54a1739f98aebf808aa6eb38.jpg

Clive - 2009-08-02 5:17 PM

They don't deserve to get it right do they!

C.

And Fiat/Peugeot/Citroen certainly don't deserve to be the majority supplier of motohome Base vehicles, giving the consumer very little choice, Except to keep the cheque book safely in the pocket, until a reliable base vehicle starts to used by the converters. 8-)

As for the 'Fix' it looks like a 'Bodge Job' to me, they couldn't even be bothered to used passivated Bolts, they used rusty ones they had 'in the bin' sorry, there was only three in there. How that can fix the fact that the Reverse Gear needs to be a Lower ratio than 1st ( any half-trained idiot knows that !) is beyond my Comprehension. Nil Points !(in French/Italian accent) *-)

Archived