vets yet again

peterjl

Hi

I've tried the search engine but it just crashes on me every time.

As always it last minute with us. Off to france thursday and need to find a vet in Normandy / Caen area. We are travelling back up Atlantic coast and plan on a couple of days taking another look a the WW2 beaches soooo a vet in that area, before i drive up to Calais would be useful.

Does anybody know a good vet in that area with easy access??

Many thanks.

Peter

Sorry cant help in Normady area, but if your coming back to Calais we go to a Vet at Marquis they are very helpful and relaxed we have never had trouble getting a short notice appointment, and then we stay at Escalles camp site Les Erables thats only about 20mins drive to Calais its near Cape blanc Nez on the coast.

Hi,

If you ask at any pharmacy or at the Marie in most towns they will be able to guide you to a vets, and most have appointments available within a couple of hours notice.

I always ask how much the consultation will cost before I book, as some try to charge for a full consultation, when we are only there for a matter of ten minutes and take our own drontal/frontline, we normally pay between 20-30 euros for both dogs, which is fair. Once we were quoted 56 euro for the two dogs and when I said I would go to the next town they suddenly decided they could do one consultation for both!

Have a good trip

I was nervous the first time as well but there is no need you have between 24 and 48 hours before you cross in case you need it the Vet at Marquise is

Marquise Clinique Veterinaire

Des Caps

Tel phone no +0321928912

It is beside the Carrafour Supermarket so it is handy for parking we park in there and walk outside and straight into the Clinique.

Archived