SHOWER TRAY

Mickt

Just started to pack van ready to go away this weekend and noticed that the shower tray has a small crack in it.Anybody have a magic trick to repair this without taking the tray out. Super glue or any better ideas welcolm.

Mickt - 2009-08-18 2:01 PM

Just started to pack van ready to go away this weekend and noticed that the shower tray has a small crack in it.Anybody have a magic trick to repair this without taking the tray out. Super glue or any better ideas welcolm.

Try Carbond 940FC by Soudal, the m/h trade use it.

If you don't want to fix it before you go away put some sticky back aluminium tape over the crack. Sticks well as long as all soap deposits are removed first and it's clean.

Plastic Padding's Gel Coat Filler available from most yacht chandlers.

Spread it over the area then apply clear vinyl packing tape (selloptape will do) smooth down well when dry 30-60 min remove tape and you will have a nice smooth finish.

After hols best to lift the tray and use the Gel Coat with some glass on the underside to re-enforce it.

Thanks all looks like i will have to bodge it for a while then on return

take the tray out for a proper repair. Not looking forward to this as this will

mean taking the sink and cupboard out then the cassette before even

getting to the tray.

Gel Coat filler is amazingly strong & you could probably effect a reasonable looking repair on the top side with the addition of glass tape over the crack.

Try a mock repair on some plastic or wood first to see the results, it sets very hard and not easy to sand but can be done with time & fine wet & dry.

Hi

Back in the 70's & 80's i used to race wooden sailing dinghys and always carried a role of fablon. If you were holed stick fablon over hole and carry on - one year i lost a hatch cover and used fablon to cover a hole and it stayed on for months and months until i got round to fitting a new cover - completely waterproof.

If you want a quick waterproof bodge give it a go - it would be slippery but you can always use a shower matt.

Archived