THE F WORD IN HISTORY

DESCO

malc d - 2009-08-26 9:41 PM
knight of the road - 2009-08-26 9:38 PM I have read several newspaper articles that Churchill was aware of the impending attack on pearl Harbour, if he knew, surely the American high command would have known? In war, there are times when men and arms are dispensible, the warships that were sunk could be replaced in no time at all and the men that were killed could be replaced in five minutes, a sad fact but true, after Pearl Harbour the American armed forces recruitment shot through the roof. Despite what I have said in these posts I have the utmost admiration and gratitude for the bravery and sacrifices the ordinary GI Joe made in WW2.
Oh well, if we are down to 'newspaper articles' - I'm out of this discussion. :-(

Me too! But here's another newspaper article!

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/08/03/world/new-light-shed-on-churchill-and-pearl-harbor.html

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I admire much of the USA having worked with them closely both here and abroad and been amazed at their kindness their generosity and there awesome ability "to get things done" I must say I am equally amazed at their naivety and their trusting nature.

How else could a nation with a mind-blowing industrial ability be taken in by the likes of Lee Iacocca whose idea of motor car development was to keep the same inefficient basic chassis and just pile more luxury on it - A/C - leather etc? Such that the very birthplace of mass car production is now on its knees due to the stupidity of its management?

How else could a nation actually train the people to fly aeroplanes (and not bather too much about their lack of any desire to learn to take off or land said aeroplanes) knowing that they were from a foreign country not altogether intune with US school of thought?

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4353991&page=1

Could the US at the time of Pearl Harbour NOT see the signs? - Oh Yes! The Americans up until 911 lived in a cocooned bubble.

Anyone that sees conspiracy and expects the rest of us to believe that the US was an active party to the horror of Pearl Harbour here is as naive and as stupid as the average mid west American who has never ventured more that 100 miles outside of his birthplace.

They do exist but they are very much a minority.

Thankfully so to is KOTR to the UK

:D

Quote Brian Kirby,

"No one individual has a monopoly on being right, and we are all the victims of the information we have gained, and trusted, some of which will, inevitably, be wrong. Peace, Man.

-----

Brian"

Blessed are the Cheesemakers

I guess this is not the 50p argument?

Archived