Rainy city

nightrider

J9withdogs - 2009-08-27 1:53 PM

howie - 2009-08-27 12:23 PM

Sounds wonderful. Two lovely ladies hold me down and cover me in custard. What happens next ?, please, i,ve got to know. XXX

......sprinkle you with hundreds and thousands....

Sounds like you are turning Howie into a tart.

;-)

malc d - 2009-08-27 1:58 PM

J9withdogs - 2009-08-27 1:53 PM

howie - 2009-08-27 12:23 PM

Sounds wonderful. Two lovely ladies hold me down and cover me in custard. What happens next ?, please, i,ve got to know. XXX

......sprinkle you with hundreds and thousands....

Sounds like you are turning Howie into a tart.

;-)

Whaddya mean.. Howie's always been a tart! :D

ROON - 2009-08-27 10:15 AM

Crumbs! 8-) As the person who really IS the thickest one on the forum I think I will refrain from answering. ....... er, oops, I've just answered.

In that case, I am going for a ride on my Boomtrike in the sunshine, taking care of my mum and dad, taking the dog for a lovely walk in the woods, taking care of my mum and dad, reading a chapter of my latest book by Robert Crais, taking care of my mum and dad, cancelling my appointment with the hospice until I come back from seeing my daughter next week, taking care of mum and dad.......... yup! my life really is pretty dull, sorry *-) At least I can look forward to the hurricanes and ice age! :'([/quote/]:'

Joy your like a breath of fresh air :-D I think some people should take a leaf out of your book and realise how they look 'they should have something more to do with their lives' then maybe they would be too tired to come on here and bicker. :-S oh and I hope my punctuation is alright or they might start on me!!!

Awwww, Maggy. You're a little doll. Thank you for that perk up.

Ta also for the response in Glamorous Grans. It makes me angry too. They would use the 'financially not viable' excuse to not do MR scans instead of mammograms, but just how much more would they save on the treatment of those such as Karen had they diagnosed correctly in the first place.

To link it to this thread, I guess no matter how boring our days may seem at times there are many other people who would give their hind legs to be doing what we are doing.

ROON - 2009-08-31 11:50 AM

Awwww, Maggy. You're a little doll. Thank you for that perk up.

Ta also for the response in Glamorous Grans. It makes me angry too. They would use the 'financially not viable' excuse to not do MR scans instead of mammograms, but just how much more would they save on the treatment of those such as Karen had they diagnosed correctly in the first place.

To link it to this thread, I guess no matter how boring our days may seem at times there are many other people who would give their hind legs to be doing what we are doing.

Their hind legs ????

;-) ;-)

Knight - Seems to me the weather in Manchester has been really excellent, if it is now raining again you must have had a fine spell in between. Here it was raining heavily while I was watching the T20 match being played at Old Trafford (though admittedly the match was shortened by a spot of drizzle), and has hardly stopped since. It has hardly stopped all summer. Earlier in the Spring we thought it would be nice to have a little summerhouse in the garden so that we could sit out and gaze at the mountains, but we have abandoned these plans. Often we can't even see the mountains, the cloud base being lower than our house! We are thinking of having a little break in the van soon if the weather perks up, Manchester is a possibility.

PetMice - 2009-09-01 11:58 AM

Knight - Seems to me the weather in Manchester has been really excellent, if it is now raining again you must have had a fine spell in between. Here it was raining heavily while I was watching the T20 match being played at Old Trafford (though admittedly the match was shortened by a spot of drizzle), and has hardly stopped since. It has hardly stopped all summer. Earlier in the Spring we thought it would be nice to have a little summerhouse in the garden so that we could sit out and gaze at the mountains, but we have abandoned these plans. Often we can't even see the mountains, the cloud base being lower than our house! We are thinking of having a little break in the van soon if the weather perks up, Manchester is a possibility.

PetMice,

If you do decide to come to Manchester in your van there is a nice little campsite near by me called Burrs country park just on the outskirts of Bury about 10 miles north of Manchester city centre. Ideal for the metro link tram, if I am not mistaken Roon has also visited Burrs campsite, perhaps she could tell you more.

Hi there. Yes, Malcolm is correct in saying I have been to Burrs. It poured down all weekend :'(

However, if using it for a stopover it should be ideal if the weather is kind to you as there is a little public house next to it, perfect for meals, and a lovely walk by the river - about a forty minute walk. It is close to bus routes, etc., but more importantly it is ideal to use as a base to go on drives to other local and more scenic areas.

A couple of months ago in either the Camping and Caravanning or the Caravan Club magazine, (cannot remember which one), there was an article on Burrs site.

At the time I went to it, it was very new and a bit lacking in flowers and hedges - very open to the winds - but the wardens were lovely and I am sure by now that some planting of flowers will have taken place.

May I ask whereabouts you will be travelling to when you are passing through?

Joy

Archived