How happy are you ?

Ned Swift

How happy are you ?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Very happy thanks and we have a NEW sevel Peugot 3Ltr with no reversing problems. Drives like a dream and would not exchange for our old 2.8 fiat.

Just arrived back from a 4 week holiday in France and Germany and a few more outings before the Lincoln show.

Sooty10

How many times can I type 'very' to signify my happiness?

My missus and I have just spent a great week at the CC site, Ferry Meadows. I don't care whether people dislike the CC and whether they think this country is going to the dogs or ripping us off. We had a wonderful time with the CC in multi-cultural Petertborough. It was just so nice having more time with my missus as well.

Our van, regularly serviced by Hymer UK, performed to the high standard we expect.

We spent days walking in Nene Park, dusk watching herons fish; Peterborough for window shopping, the cathedral, and the beer festival; a drive around the fens looking at different land use; and of course a glorious day on the Nene Valley Railway (half price for those staying on site). The site was immaculate as you would expect, and as we have always found, the wardens were pleasant and helpful. I even made some progress mastering RAW photography. The different people we met were friendly irrespective of race and culture.

I'm off to the Great Dorset Steam Fair next week.

Life cannot get much better for me at present. There is still far too much good in people, this country, and motorhoming, to feel any different.

It's back to work and the October announcement of redundancies. I take my happiness where I can find it and nobody can take it away from me when I do.

Not very happy at the moment. Had planned to be away next week but our dog is ill. The vets don't know what the problem is and have carried out various tests with more to come. Once he's sorted (fingers crossed) we'll be off somewhere in Scotland, yet to be decided, and I'll be happy again.

ike

Had a new lower reverse gear fitted by Fiat and problems cured - very happy.

Had 2 wonderful weeks in Germany in July/Aug which we hugely enjoyed - very, very happy.

Simply had to have a few more days away in the 'van so went to Gloucestershire last week - very, very, very happy.

I now have no more holiday allowance from work - drat. Never mind it all starts again in January when Mr Happy will return.

Not very happy, every time i open my eyes these days its chucking it down, and i mean not piddling either. Just back from 2weeks in wales/cumbria, mixture of sites, good weather, nice trips, ironbridge was excellent, only one complaint, sat dish couldnt find any uk channels, missus crumpy with all the phaffing around with ariels etc, but went to malvern show on the sat, got some advise, so hopefully will cure for the next time soon. Sticking with the old van for a while yet, prices quoted were criminal. Other than that apart from the rain im reasonably happy

Very, very, very happy.

Youngest daughter is on her way back after spending the last year in Australia and arrives at Heathrow on Thursday afternoon.

Bad news is that she plans to sell up and emigrate there in the new year.

Must think positive - at least we'll all be together over Christmas and the New Year, and the wife and I will have an excuse to spend 3 months of the year in Oz during the UK winter.

Grass is always greener on the other side ! however, do not plan on going to the 'other side' just yet :D

I love my van and just being away in it, doesn't matter where I am, UK or Europe or what the weather is like, there is just something really relaxing about being in my plastic box on wheels :-D

I know that I should not wish my life away as it is too short as it is. However, if the mighty God who is 'camelot' would point that great finger in the sky in my direction then I could give up work forever and enjoy life even more. I will keep on dreaming :-(

What a refreshing change to read positive things and that happiness can in fact be achieved and is not a myth. But if happiness is just a sense of satisfaction with present and future circumstances, then surely it is fragile and easily damaged. One day I am happy, the next day I am not syndone. Can we expect to achieve more?? Is contentment being happy? Before I retired my life was too full of potential hazards and unknowns. Now my expectations are less, my desire for wealth curtailed by reality, in short my life is simpler and therefore I am only interested in the things which make me happy.

Roy Fuller

:-( Not very happy because all you lot are happy and I am not.

As most of you know my van has sat on my drive since October 2007 waiting for the courts to settle things.

I have to try and remember my travels in my old Autotrail whilst we fight it out but almost two years is a bit much at times.

Roll on the 24th of this month when it goes back to court then if things work out my silence will end and god help the ratbags that have made me suffer. Sorry to sound so down. Mike.

I was moved by an article in today’s Times about the Holocaust survivor who lost his with wife, lost his job, lost his flat and had all his belongings stolen. He ended up sleeping in a park for a year before being rescued by a charity organisation and given a flat. He said “ I am so happy”.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article6821008.ece

AliB, so good to read your post, I hope that puts things into perspective for most of us!

Yes, life has it's problems and believe me I've gone through more heartache than I would wish on my worst enemy, but we only have one go at this life so we may as well make the most of it.  Look on the bright side if you possible can and SMILE!

Madmaggott - 2009-09-04 5:33 PM we only have one go at this life so we may as well make the most of it.  Look on the bright side if you possible can and SMILE!

Sky had a news story recently about some academic who had researched happines and found the best way to make yourself happy was to think back to the recent past and focus on something that occured. I tried it and here's what I found:-

a) Six weeks ago I was in hospital with a broken leg

b) I had to refuse to take delivery of my MH 'cos it didn't have any of the options I ordered!!

c) Have recently given up on refurbishing my house 'cos all the builders around here are crooks and cowboys!!

d) Bought some shares yesterday and they went down 4% today

But you could look at it this way:-

a) My leg is healing up well, the surgeon said there were no complications, just take it easy for a few more weeks

b) Looks like I'll get my deposit back and I just found out that another maker offers 4 wheel drive which wasn't available when I ordered mine

c) The money I'll save by not finishing the house will allow me to have a better MH

d) This is perfectly normal for me and long term I know I've bought well.

So as Madmaggot says - Look on the bright side !!!

Archived