Satelite TV problem

Big Momma

I have a problem with my Television when I am watching programmes via Satelite. M'Home plugged in to mains - no problem, however, when I turn on the internal battery charger the picture on the TV starts to flash on and off. Turn off the charger and the flashing picture stops. Normal TV through status TV arial, no problems with charger on.

When watching satellite tv using 12v leisure battery - no problems?

Additionally, and again whilst watching satellite tv when through mains connection the TV can initially be okay but any fluctuation then causes tv picture to continually flash on and off e.g. Turn on lights on cooker extractor fan, turning OFF washroom or Awning light?

I am totally useless with electrics and don't have a clue although I suspect something wrong with power supply in relation to satellite connection.

Grateful for any hints or tips before I take in to a dealer to rectify.

Another problem recently encountered whilst on tour of Spain - before going to Spain when using mains hook up, when connected to van this would automatically provide power to van e.g Fridge, TV, Power Sockets etc (without the need to go through internal charger). However, when on sites in Spain no power to van unless internal charger power button was turned on? Since getting home, have connected mains from house to van in normal way and still now encountering this problem. Any suggestions gratefully received.

What you haven't said is make/model of tv or satbox, but it seems from your post that you may be running satbox on 12v and it is unable to cope with fluctuation in voltage, if this is case then a 12v stabilised power to satbox will be answer.

colin - 2009-09-02 8:02 PM

What you haven't said is make/model of tv or satbox, but it seems from your post that you may be running satbox on 12v and it is unable to cope with fluctuation in voltage, if this is case then a 12v stabilised power to satbox will be answer.

The Satellite Receiver is a Zhender. When VanBitz installed the system they put in some sort of black box under the fixed rear bed. I don't know what it does but assumed that this was something to do with converting to/from 230v/12v (!)

Archived