water ingress to Swift 590RS

benson

My motorhome is now just over a year old and on its habitation service it was discovered that the damp ingress reading was up to 90%, the worst readings being around the rear offside toilet/shower compartment. I would be interested to know if anyone has had a similar problem, and if so,do they know what the reason was for this(serious)problem and did they have any problems having the remedial work done under warranty?

Any feedback would be welcome. :-(

Hi Benson

we have the same model as you, only ours 2006.Have had no problems with water ingress, may be could be something to do with the roof vent in toilet compartment? Is the water getting in around there? worth c hecking.

Surely the dealer who did the hab check should be able to tell you? At least you still have the warranty, so the dealer will have to sort it

Our van is off the road at present, due to a driverless car crashing into it,from a steep hill, managed to move us 1 metre, and bending the nearside wheel and suspension., we had to be towed 500 miles from Scotland to the south coast, so endeth the holiday, Hey Ho!!

Pauline

You don't say if it is high or low level (height from floor) damp as lower level could be water from the shower or the washbasin or the loo - or maybe via the loo service hatch door - and no, I am not suggesting that you peed on the floor and up the walls!

Archived