Identifying and removing this tap

Ocsid

I have the tap shown in this "photobucket" link:

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr170/ocsid3/WashbasinTap-2.jpg

We have a water leak coming from the rear of it trickling down the supply pipes whenever the system is pressurised, so suspect a loose jubilee clip or split connector "O" ring.

However I cant remove it or identify the maker to ask them how.

It looks if it ought to pull out after removing a couple of screws but they are just turning endlessly and the plate is held by something seemingly rock solid.

Taking apart the furniture seems almost impossible; the side mirrors are held with "never let go" double sided tape and the tap itself is mounted on a plastic splash back that I feel could so easily split if I applied any more effort. I can just deform the base plate to get a couple of knife blades in but prising with these and leaving them wedging it for 24 hours is achieving nothing.

Any body able to help please.

Thanks bob b

I have not contacted the manufacturer directly but the importing dealer; they also don't know how to access the rear of the tap but have undertaken to contact the manufacturer.

Just anxious to be able to have running water again and avoid a very long distance trip and probably an extended delay to get it sorted.

Cheers Ocsid

Archived