Fiat Ducato - First year service

Guest CAB

Cab,

"the "Auxiliary drive belt" (assuming this is the cambelt) "

I think you will find this is what one used to call a fan belt. It is the belt for the alternator, steering pump, fuel pump etc and not the Cam belt. Nowadays it is normally a poly V belt. Its like a flat belt with multiple grooves along its length.

Jon.

Jon

I think you are probably correct - the auxiliary drive belts are for the alternator etc. No mention of a cambelt check/replacement in the 2.2 MJ sevicing schedule - but a check at 56,000 and change at 84,000 are included in the 2.3 and 3.0 (no mention of a time limit).

Did a bit of research and have come to conclusion that the 2.2 engine may have a chain drive for the camshaft?

Someone out there must have the answer.

Clive

We had our first year service at FIAT (Assist), Warrington. It cost us £217.00 all in. The labour costs were £125 and the parts came to £63.00 and the rest was VAT. I was Ok with this because we were actually away on the first anniversary of the buying of the van, touring Europe, so I contacted them before we went to explain this and ask about the warranty being over the date.

We were going away for at least 5 months and had had the van for 6 months at that point and done 6,000 miles. They had the van in for a day before we left and gave it a post delivery check, made sure any re calls were done, (there were none), checked all the engine mountings, brakes and electrics etc and did this for free!

Because of this service I was happy to give them my follow up custom. They were helpful, professional and I would happily reccommend them to anyone.

CAB - 2009-11-05 9:02 AM

Jon

I think you are probably correct - the auxiliary drive belts are for the alternator etc. No mention of a cambelt check/replacement in the 2.2 MJ sevicing schedule - but a check at 56,000 and change at 84,000 are included in the 2.3 and 3.0 (no mention of a time limit).

Did a bit of research and have come to conclusion that the 2.2 engine may have a chain drive for the camshaft?

Someone out there must have the answer.

Clive

You are correct, it has a chain driven camshaft on the 2.2MJ.

• 3 weeks later...

Just resurrecting this thread to give an update on Fiat servicing and AA cover (for panel van conversions - not the RAC/Camper Assist).

On the first year service this was carried out by a Fiat garage which does not have the full Fiat "Camper" credentials as they can only cope with vehicles up to the 6.5m/3.5T (mine is a LWB panel van, but they may be able to cope with the smaller coachbuilts). This was at a cost of over £100 less than that quoted by the larger "camper" franchise I had been using regularly for some 10 years.

The service manager informed me that he was was also happy to carry out a second "low mileage" service next year if the van had covered a similar distance (so the potential of saving even more next year), followed by a full service in the 3rd year. Seemed sensible to me and he has my continuing business.

On extending the AA cover for 2 more years (as suggested by Euroserv) after 2 weeks of frustration and telephoning around (Fiat and AA) finally tracked down someone in the AA who could extend the full UK/Continental Breakdown/Recovery service for 2 years for £139. I think this is a bargain as it seems to cover every conceivable possibility.

My problems were exacerbated by incorrect vehicle owner registration details with the AA, so you may find it simpler.

If anyone else is having problems I have a name/number of someone in the AA you could try (PM).

Clive

Archived