Norway mid April to early June - too early?

peterjl

Hi

I remember asking a similar question some time ago but i can't get the search engine to search!

I retire early next year and plan to run Paris Marathon on 11th April then travel onwards - i plan to be away about 7 weeks - sooo is this too early to head up towards North Cape?

I seem to recall an article saying May was a good month but again search engine failed me.

If it is too early i will go head for somewhere warm then try Norway in 2011.

Regards

Peter

April is really too early for the North Cape, we have been in mid-May and it was below freezing.

I would suggest between mid-May to mid-July, ealier too cold with risk of passes being blocked by snow (like last year), later and it is getting cold again.

Don't use the E6, be a little more adventurous.

Have a great time.

I'd agree with Spospe on the time to go.

Also the fjord district in the south west ( inland from Bergen) is pretty well blocked by snow until mid June. Well all the best bits are.

Great place to go anyway - enjoy !

...and if you get the time the Lofoten Islands are well worth a visit.

Three years ago we spent four weeks travelling through southern Norway, Sweden and Finland and then back into Northern Norway to get to Nordcapp for Mid-summers day, I think our timing was perfect with good weather all the way. Even in late June and early July there is a still a suprissing amount of snow about. You will have a great trip.

Archived