Lottery winners

nightrider

I have never had a dabble on the lottery and have no desire to, but in the unlikely event that I did and won millions I would look after my nearest and dearest and my ex-wife.

There are a couple of privately owned and run animal sanctuarys nearby me that are always in need of financial help and they would be on my list of who to help out.

And quietly behind the scenes any deserving causes would also be looked after, to give is far better than to recieve.

Mother would get the best care possible in her twilight years. The rest of my family would all benefit.

Then the lifeboat charity

The Salvation Army

And lastly I would try to do something for the injured soldiers that are coming home, because this dam government don't give a toss about them.  

I'm sure some more local charities would also benefit.

Dave

Some lottery winners went on to future peace happiness and contentment and quite a few went down the old path of booze, bankruptcy and poverty.

I'm quite happy to stay as I am, enough for a rainy day, a few bob in my back bin, I dont drink, smoke or chase naughty women and as such find I always have a bob or two in my pocket.

knight of the road - 2009-11-08 8:50 PM

Some lottery winners went on to future peace happiness and contentment and quite a few went down the old path of booze, bankruptcy and poverty.

I'm quite happy to stay as I am, enough for a rainy day, a few bob in my back bin, I dont drink, smoke or chase naughty women and as such find I always have a bob or two in my pocket.

Well I've never been wealthy enough for the first path but I reckon I'm about half way along the second option! Used to smoke but gave up about 15 years ago, as for naughty women I let them do the chasing, (its usually chasing someone else I might add) :D .

I have thought about what I'd do if I won a truckload of money, and first of all I'd make sure all my direct family are sorted for life (well assuming they don't piddle it all up the wall, but that's usually my job) :D . Then I have a couple of properties I know of that I'd buy and renovate, not to resell for profit but just because I think they're worth it. Then there's a significant amount to go to a few deserving charities. And the rest I'd invest in my business and try to be one of the best motorhome dealers in the country, in terms of customer satisfaction!

D.

After seeing all my dearest and dearest right, I would be quite happy to spend the rest of my days pottering and fiddling about in my workshop and not have to worry about getting out to earn the where withall that enables me to potter and fiddle in the first place.

Many a time I have gone into my workshop in the morning, got involved in doing something and suddenly realised I should have been at such and such a bodys house to do a job.

Id just like to win enough so I can buy my four kids a motorhome each :-D and then they can come with us on holiday! No I dont get sick of them, thats the only reason I look forward to coming home. Mind you Id have to start doing it again I gave up after a few months of not winning a sausage.

If I were fortunate enough to win a rake of money on the lottery I would be tempted to buy a shack up in the hills with plenty of land far far from the madding crowd.

I would walk around my estate with a double barreled shotgun under my arm and if I saw any trespassers I would issue those immortal words 'oi you git orf me land' and let fly with both barrels.

Or I would open a campsite open only to Volkswagon campervans/motorhomes any other makes and I would lob hand granades at them lol.

Two ticket winners. A couple from Newport and a syndicate from liverpool. between thenm they share £91 million. I can't begin to imagine what that sort of money means. I suppose you could do a lot of good with it but I would imagine that it comes with a whole heap of problems and worries. On the news in my part of the country is "Kraft" buying Cadbury's and keeping the factory open, the news reader said that Kraft was owned by the richest man in the world, i wonder what he's worth. (?) I'll kid myself and think "He's not happy" and console myself with that *-)

Hopesy - 2009-11-09 7:07 PM

Two ticket winners. A couple from Newport and a syndicate from liverpool. between thenm they share £91 million. I can't begin to imagine what that sort of money means. I suppose you could do a lot of good with it but I would imagine that it comes with a whole heap of problems and worries. On the news in my part of the country is "Kraft" buying Cadbury's and keeping the factory open, the news reader said that Kraft was owned by the richest man in the world, i wonder what he's worth. (?) I'll kid myself and think "He's not happy" and console myself with that *-)

Did you know that Kraft bought the Terrys chocolate factory in York some time ago? Did you know what they did with it? Moved it to eastern europe, I understand. So I wouldn't take too much notice of their promises.

Archived