Pollen Filter location on 2005 2.3 Fait

Colin Leake

• 1 month later...
Colin Leake - 2009-11-10 1:33 PM

Does anyone know where the plooen filter is hidden and how to gain access to it to change it?

Dear Colin,

Sorry for the delay, it's been mad at work lately, which i must not complain about!

I have looked at the parts disc and have located your cab pollen filter. It is installed in a carrier directly on top of the main heater unit that resides under the dashboard biased to the passsenger side. And there it will probably stay because unless you get a leaking heater matrix you are not going to want to remove the dash and the heater unit to get to the filter. There is no way to access this filter without a 6 hour job of considerable difficulty and emotional stress. We do a couple of heater matrix jobs every month and still can't do it in less than 6 hours. I think therefore that the filter is not designed to be changed often.

Regards

Nick

Colin Leake - 2009-12-16 6:52 PM

Does anyone know where the plooen filter is hidden and how to gain access to it to change it?

Dear Colin,

Sorry for the delay, it's been mad at work lately, which i must not complain about!

I have looked at the parts disc and have located your cab pollen filter. It is installed in a carrier directly on top of the main heater unit that resides under the dashboard biased to the passsenger side. And there it will probably stay because unless you get a leaking heater matrix you are not going to want to remove the dash and the heater unit to get to the filter. There is no way to access this filter without a 6 hour job of considerable difficulty and emotional stress. We do a couple of heater matrix jobs every month and still can't do it in less than 6 hours. I think therefore that the filter is not designed to be changed often.

Regards

Nick

I am about to replace the pollen filter on my 2006 2.8JTD, I presume it is in the same place as 2005 2.3; a quick google search will tell you how to do it:

http://www.fiatforum.com/ducato/61237-pollen-filter.html ; and

http://www.puravent.co.uk/filters/display_filter.php?id=32?=M2134

The Puravent site give the following instructions:

"Where is the pollen filter?

passenger side under plastic cover at the base of the windscreen

Time to change - approx. 20 minutes

How Easy to change - moderate

Tools Needed?

phillips or pozidrive screwdriver or screwbit

Fitting Stage 1:-

Remove the windscreen wipers. Make sure that you mark the position of the wiper tips on the windscreen with a crayon. Unscrew the hexagonal nut that holds each wiper one. Carefully lever off the wipers.

Fitting Stage 2:-

loosen all the hexagonal socket screws that hold on the plastic cover along the base of the windscreen including the ones that are round the sides. Remove the cover

Fitting Stage 3:-

The filter housing should now be visible. Loosen the screws that secure the housing in place and remove the housing. The old filter can now be removed from the housing. Insert the new filter ensuring that the AIRFLOW ARROWS points down.

Fitting Stage 4:-

Refit the housing and secure with the two screws. Refit the cover and its fixing screws. Refit the windscreen wipers ensuring that the tips are aligned with the marks previously made on the windscreen".

I would think that it is unlikely to be in location so inaccessible that it requires 6 hours of labour to change it, but I may be wrong. Check out the sites above.

OK, I might be wrong about this one, the parts disc does not indicate any access to the filter so I assumed that there is none. We have never had to do one before the matrix leaked anyway and we only have 2 vans with air-con at that age.

One word of warning though, if you remove the screws that hold down the plastic surround at the base of the screen you will find that most of them will break off as they become seriously corroded within a year or two. Anyone that has had a new windscreen... have a look at how many screws were put back in afterwards, you may be surprised/annoyed.

Nick

jb6981 - 2009-12-17 12:03 PM

Colin Leake - 2009-12-16 6:52 PM

Dear Colin,

Regards

Nick

I am about to replace the pollen filter on my 2006 2.8JTD, I presume it is in the same place as 2005 2.3; a quick google search will tell you how to do it:

http://www.fiatforum.com/ducato/61237-pollen-filter.html ; and

http://www.puravent.co.uk/filters/display_filter.php?id=32?=M2134

The Puravent site give the following instructions:

"Where is the pollen filter?

passenger side under plastic cover at the base of the windscreen

Time to change - approx. 20 minutes

How Easy to change - moderate

Tools Needed?

phillips or pozidrive screwdriver or screwbit

Fitting Stage 1:-

Remove the windscreen wipers. Make sure that you mark the position of the wiper tips on the windscreen with a crayon. Unscrew the hexagonal nut that holds each wiper one. Carefully lever off the wipers.

Fitting Stage 2:-

loosen all the hexagonal socket screws that hold on the plastic cover along the base of the windscreen including the ones that are round the sides. Remove the cover

Fitting Stage 3:-

The filter housing should now be visible. Loosen the screws that secure the housing in place and remove the housing. The old filter can now be removed from the housing. Insert the new filter ensuring that the AIRFLOW ARROWS points down.

Fitting Stage 4:-

Refit the housing and secure with the two screws. Refit the cover and its fixing screws. Refit the windscreen wipers ensuring that the tips are aligned with the marks previously made on the windscreen".

I would think that it is unlikely to be in location so inaccessible that it requires 6 hours of labour to change it, but I may be wrong. Check out the sites above.

I found that and looked but it wernt there.

Archived