Praise be

Poppy

We THINK we may have found asuitable replacement van.Iwanted a decent lounge and outside storage HE wanted a garage.Van had to be no more than 6 and half metres with garage (bikes can go in garage) OR 6 metres without as bike rack would take up about a half metre.The 508SL was my first choice but there were only LHD available and

there is some query whether Hymer are doing RHD next year.SO we think we may buy a Hobby which is a slightly larger wider version of our van with a more comfortable and better thought out lounge.Its on a ford chassis and has a good payload.

Guest JudgeMental

genie mac namara! you have to be a mind reader on here:-D

So...not an A class?......on a ford........So ......must be the "hobby van exclusive"? with twin rear beds? only downside is the small fridge and I find the hobbys a bit grand Teutonic in style (unnecessarily flash) other then that a good choice I think ;-) Or maybe not as this model is 6.750 not 6.5

How odd...while searching for an image on goggle images I put in "hobby van exclusive" and in the middle of the page of about 25 vans was a piccy of our very own Brian Kirby!

and what is the point of the slanted windows *-)

hobby.jpg.ae29e234104a952393c6547c1ce245d7.jpg

Guest JudgeMental
Poppy - 2009-11-11 4:51 PM

Its a Siesta exclusive! Rear double, same layout as ourcurrent van but a bit longer and wider and with a better lounge I think.

if buying here make sure its the latest 140 bhp 6 speed. Or else its very old stock *-)

Will check Judge but actually I don't think they have a model (any age) here at the moment. We have seen the layout and technical specs and are going to view a Toskana, samelayout but longer and a Siesta Exclusive, wrong layout but we will get the idea of ambience body shape etc.It does seem to tick most boxes.Lounge still a littlecompromised I suspect, but better than the current one.

Archived