Autumnal France 2009 Blog

Klyne

This link will take you to my latest Blog of our trip down through France and into Spain during the autumn of this year. http://www.davidklyne.co.uk/autumnal_france_2009_Blog.htm Its the first time we have been to Europe so late in the year so planning campsites was important although we managed fine, even trying a new (to us) campsite near Calais before returning home.

This looks like being my last Blog for a while as I need to have hip replacement surgery which is likely to be some time in the New Year. Not altogether sure how long recovery is but obviously will want to get away again in the caravan as soon as its possible but I suspect next September will be the earliest we will be able to get back to Europe.

David

Great stuff David - really worth reading and the pictures bring it all to life - I was almost there...... B-)

I hope all goes well with your op. in the New Year - I can empahise there - we are hoping our new toy, sorry Motorhome, will be ready in April and I was told yesterday that I need operations on my feet (to keep me walking in retirement! :-S ) with the first one in 18 weeks - just before April.....

As navigator not too bad as I could sit in the lounge with foot up and be a real "back seat driver" ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
Nice blog, David, to see the parts we regularly travel with our Motorhome. Like you we found the sites seem to increase the statics which have reduced the camping pitches and causing overcrowding this year [2009] Due to the economy the French are looking for the cheap holiday options!

BrianBW - 2009-11-30 7:15 PM

Nice blog, David, to see the parts we regularly travel with our Motorhome. Like you we found the sites seem to increase the statics which have reduced the camping pitches and causing overcrowding this year [2009] Due to the economy the French are looking for the cheap holiday options!

Brian (and Catinou) thanks for the kind comments about the blog.

I wonder if the Frence have gone off the idea of having an old caravan wheeled out on site once a year and now prefer the Static option.

David

Archived