Rapido 903F A Class

Hazy Baby

Thinking of "trading up" to an A Class and fancy the sub 6m Rapido 903F. Trouble is no delaer has one in stock to look at! Does anyone own one? If so how have they found it - all aspects? Particularly concerned re internal and external storage space and siting of water tanks and drains etc. Thanks!

I've already got the catalogue from our old friends at Brownhills (!) but it does not show boring bits and pieces like storage drawers and where the fresh and waste water tanks are stored. In our present van - a Knaus Traveller we have lots of storage room even after the addition of the oven. Just wondering if the Rapido 903 offers same. Have looked at other A Class models at Brownhills but of course they are all larger internally than the 903. Has anyone contacted Rapido directly for such information? Thanks.

Hazy Baby

You could try contacting Highbridge Caravan Centre

http://www.highbridgecaravans.co.uk

as (based on the following advert) they once had a 2009 903F for sale

http://www.caravanselecta.co.uk/motorhomes/Rapido-903f/44297.aspx

The 903F has only been marketed for about a year and I suspect there are very few in this country, as it's the larger Rapido A-Class models that tend to be bought here. If you don't have any luck on this forum, you might find a current 903F UK owner via the Rapido section of the MotorHomeFacts website, as that's got a much larger user population. Otherwise (assuming you've got some French) you could try the campingcar-infos forum.

As far as 903F storage facilities are concerned, a French motothome magazine's half-page article on the model indicates that the 'bloc de cuisine' is pretty small, with minimal work-surface area and a large-ish integrated fridge. If an oven were added, very little space would be left for housing bulky kitchen items like saucepans. The waste-water tank will be underfloor, almost certainly towards the centre of the vehicle. As there's no sign of a heater air-intake/exhaust or water filler-point on the photo of a 903F's right-hand side, I would guess that most of the space beneath the L-shaped seating will be taken up by the fresh-water tank and Combi heater. Obviously, there's considerable storage volume available in the height-adjustable garage. Given the vehicle's compact length, I'm doubtful that a 903F will have more than one external storage-drawer - the magazine photo shows no drawer on the motorhome's right-hand side. I think the 903F may only be offered with Fiat's problematical 2.3litre motor and 6-speed transmission.

The 903F is an A-Class adaptation of the 703F profile model that was launched in 2007. Brownhills currently appear to be advertising a 2010 703F (see link below) and it's probable that several features (water tank positions, drain point, etc.) will be mirrored on the 903F.

http://www.caravanselecta.co.uk/Advert/DisplayFullProfile.aspx?id=74011

Derek, had time to read fully now! You are right the 703 is very similar layout to the 903. Unfortunately I am in Sheffield so need something to inspect at Newark Brownhills! The 703 in stock is in Swindon. So will try to do more sleuthing. Just don't want to part with 60k less part exchange without a look around is possible. I've heard such tales of folk who buy "off plan" only to be very disappointed when they take delivery. This I think will be my last purchase - ever! Thanks again for all the info.

Archived