Budget Insurance - Again

Yorkshire Tyke

Guest Yorkshire Tyke
Today I have received a "snail mail" from "Budget Insurance" OK you say, but how did they get my address Certainly not from me There is a reference code - and i KNOW where that is related to The code is MMMliXXXXX Where XXXXX is my MMM "Customer Number" Now the question is:- HOW did MY MMM customer reference come to be disclossed to these people??????? Have they been give/sold to them by Warners/MMM Or is there an employee who is doing the same ????????????? ???????????????????????????????????

Guest Yorkshire Tyke
I have just been on to Budget Insurance and they CONFIRMED that THEY HAD OBTAINED ALL THE NAMES AND ADDRESSES of SUBSCRIERS to MMM FROM ___ MMM

Guest Mel E
YT, obviously the post is much slower in Yorkshire. Read earlier posts on this subject and you'll see that: - MMM have openly apologised if this mailing caused any problems to people - the mailing was actually done by MMM, so nothing was actually disclosed to Budget (that's how I read what has been said anyway!). As I said in an earlier posting, if the DVLA is allowed to sell your details (including date-of-birth, which is a vital security check with many banks, etc.) without consulting you or giving you the opportunity to opt out, all bets are clearly off!! Virtually all magazines and publishers do this with their mailing lists, and I'm certain that MMM's competitors are no different. It just gives us more paper to recycle every week.

Archived